Pet peeves on RateBeer

Reads 5009 • Replies 87 • Started Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:32:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
No white cider Tag.
Legit. I wish there were more cider/apple tags in general.

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
No white cider Tag.

I have asked for a white cider tag on 3 or 4 occasions, but no luck yet.

Scrumpy would be another.

There are so many pointless tags out there though.

"White Lightening" wtf.

Originally posted by Erlangernick
Originally posted by PhillyBeer2112
All anyone really needs to say in any review is one of the four following:
FUCKINGGOOD
GOOD
SHITE
FUCKINGSHITE

anything else is blather

Lew? Is that youse?

I learned everything I know from Lew!

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 15:57 Wed 9/7/2016

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
No white cider Tag.

I have asked for a white cider tag on 3 or 4 occasions, but no luck yet.

Scrumpy would be another.

There are so many pointless tags out there though.

"White Lightening" wtf.

Go nuts

http://www.ratebeer.com/tag/white-cider/

TAR
beers 2821 º places 34 º 15:58 Wed 9/7/2016

Originally posted by HuskerTan
Originally posted by TAR
Originally posted by HuskerTan
Beers that lack pictures and tags. It’s so easy to add both when adding a beer.

I may be guilty of this, although it certainly hasn’t been my intention. I add a beer every now and again, but have never seen an option to add a photo or tag, which has puzzled me for years. Is this a premie-only feature or am I just missing something?

I would assume everyone can do it? See picture below. Should be pretty self explanatory, if not I can help you through it. Although, I know I can’t do it on my phone and depending on the browser I use, I’ve had error issues in the past uploading photos. Honestly, I was bad at it until recently, I realized how easy it is and how much I appreciate other people doing it so I’ve been doing it myself. I’m even going back through old beers I’ve rated and adding photos and tags to them as well. Overkill maybe...

Pictures are nice when they have current labels visible (pics of a pint of beer don’t seem to be too useful so draft only beers are whatever) especially when there are two similar beers and the label helps to distinguish the differences. Tags are great to find beers with certain ingredients you are looking for. I’ve had several beers with Passion Fruit lately that I would’ve never found on here because the #PassionFruit wasn’t added.

Ah ha, so it’s not on the "Add a Beer" page but beer page itself, after the beer has been submitted? That’s counterintuitive to me, which is perhaps why I’ve been overlooking this, but I think I know why this is the preferred process of RB. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this! I am a stickler for pics as well, especially with Franconian beers, so hopefully I can put this into action and make some helpful contributions.

legion242
beers 2345 º places 122 º 16:04 Wed 9/7/2016

At least 6 times a year I catch someone local rating their own place. It’s actually quite easy to catch because they are terrible at hiding who they are.
Still a pet peeve, but my local admin responds quite quickly.

rennat42
beers 5357 º places 205 º 16:04 Wed 9/7/2016

Originally posted by TAR

Ah ha, so it’s not on the "Add a Beer" page but beer page itself, after the beer has been submitted? That’s counterintuitive to me, which is perhaps why I’ve been overlooking this.

Agreed. Can I add that to the pet peeve list haha? Cheers! Glad I could help.

rennat42
beers 5357 º places 205 º 16:05 Wed 9/7/2016

Originally posted by legion242
At least 6 times a year I catch someone local rating their own place. It’s actually quite easy to catch because they are terrible at hiding who they are.
Still a pet peeve, but my local admin responds quite quickly.

I’ve had the same issue with a couple local places but whenever I report, nothing seems to be fixed..

thebaldwizard
beers 1210 º places 7 º 16:12 Wed 9/7/2016

I will admit to having not read the whole thread...

I only have one pet peeve: The horrible search engine. I should be able to misspell a word by a letter or so and get at least a suggestion of what I was after.

thebaldwizard
beers 1210 º places 7 º 16:12 Wed 9/7/2016

Also, cheers to ratebeer for allowing such a thread.