RBJG #2

Reads 16777 • Replies 192 • Started Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:11:33 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 22:21 Thu 3/14/2013

Also please note that CBM and DC numbers need to be firm. Both places are booking up now for the 29th and I actually had a bit of a hard time getting space at DC. If people don’t mind standing outside at DC then there shouldn’t be an issue, but our main booking is 3rd floor and we might be able to squeeze more standing on the 3rd floor. CBM is a mix of standing and seats so no way any additional bodies can get in.

Travlr
beers 33915 º places 4597 º 11:42 Sun 3/17/2013

Finally entered my beers into the spreadsheet:

Cantillon Mamouche
Maine Beer King Titus
Williamsburg Grand Illumination
DC Brau OTWOA - 12 oz cans, whatever I can fit in my suitcase
Verzet Oud Bruin
Cricket Hill RIS

This may vary a bit once I start jamming all this into my suitcase, and weigh the results!

Gene

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 16:47 Sun 3/17/2013

Originally posted by Travlr
Finally entered my beers into the spreadsheet:

Cantillon Mamouche
Maine Beer King Titus
Williamsburg Grand Illumination
DC Brau OTWOA - 12 oz cans, whatever I can fit in my suitcase
Verzet Oud Bruin
Cricket Hill RIS

This may vary a bit once I start jamming all this into my suitcase, and weigh the results!

Gene

Fuckin eh!

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 07:44 Mon 3/18/2013

Please note the Spreadsheet has been updated to include an attendance list. If you look at the bottom left of the spreadsheet it says RBJG and Grand Tasting. Please sign up for each event so there is no confusion at all about who is coming. Of course if you need to bail at the last minute that is fine, but I want to have attendance as accurate as possible, so we don’t have issues with some people not getting into places.

Theis
beers 15148 º places 114 º 07:47 Mon 3/18/2013

left_bank
beers 106 º places 107 º 08:06 Mon 3/18/2013

all looks great Tim;i have some work in dubai in 2 weeks or i would ask if i could join!

chuwy
beers 55 º places 26 º 04:20 Tue 3/19/2013

Originally posted by AndySnow
Will be in Tokyo these days. Unfortunately my gf has broken her leg and not sure if she is up for a pubcrawl. Hopefully her leg will be ok and we can get around some. Will see if I can catch up a bit.

Otherwise I’ll just have to make my own smaller crawl around the town.

Andy, not to worry, most of us will be legless by the third day, anyway.
As Tim mentioned, every place is within walking distance (Thrash and Beer Rep will need a train). however, it still means a few hundred m each time but I’m sure some wouldn’t mind sharing a taxi. It’ll cost about the same as a set of train tickets anyway.
Tim, looking good. I might squeeze in a few more bars on my way around with you guys on the Fri/Sat, in case anyone wants to tag along. You got the minimum covered well.

chuwy
beers 55 º places 26 º 04:21 Tue 3/19/2013

I’m in for Fri sat and sun.
...and in other equally surprising news, the sun rose and set today.

chuwy
beers 55 º places 26 º 04:26 Tue 3/19/2013

This looks good, Tim. Great work, sir.
Gotta see what I have laying around. Might bring some homebrew along too to the grand tasting. No 2 and a half day weizen this time.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 18:22 Tue 3/19/2013

Updates
Spoke to Nagano Sake yesterday- they said 530 on a Friday should be no issue to get in.. He said if some special beer comes out between now and then, he will put on tap. Also note that I found a Tottori Prefecture shop around the corner from Nagano Sake that sells all the current t Daisen G seasonal/regular offerings, in case someone wants to pick some up.

CBM - they were almost full for indoor seating, so we have four standing tables outside that should easily accommodate us - lets hope the weather is good.

Beer Republic is closed on Sundays (i guess it changed from Tuesday) but he said he can probably open just for us, but he would want a food budget and then prepare something in advance. I am thinking to go there before TZ as TZ is a better place to finish the night. After our walk we will have a bit of a hunger. Y2000-2500/person for food for people I assume is fine - this is very good Japanese food, all sourced from Kanagawa Prefecture. Thinking to make a 630 reservation - of course we can arrive earlier.
We hit TZ to end the night.

Tim