Shaun Hill asks DC bar to not serve his beer

Reads 33461 • Replies 228 • Started Friday, March 21, 2014 10:31:45 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheWhiteWolf
beers 3 º 16:34 Sat 3/22/2014

I had tons of HF stuff on tap not at the brewery that was mind blowing. Not sure there was permission granted to acquire or tap said kegs but the experience was good. The brewers wishes nowadays can suck my balls.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:55 Sat 3/22/2014

Ryan the new gunhaver??

We saw what happened there..

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 17:00 Sat 3/22/2014

Originally posted by 3fourths
Originally posted by joet
Most always, respect the brewer’s wishes.

It’s this simple. This thread is an ugliness of beer entitlement.

The responses in this thread have very little if anything to do with entitlement.

But perhaps you could explain your assertion if you feel strongly about it..

egajdzis
beers 9974 º places 49 º 18:00 Sat 3/22/2014

Yeah I’d be embarrassed if I posted the things people were saying in this thread.

I’m thinking people don’t really think before posting anymore though.

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 18:19 Sat 3/22/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum

The responses in this thread have very little if anything to do with entitlement.

But perhaps you could explain your assertion if you feel strongly about it..

Yep, what entitlement does he see?

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 18:25 Sat 3/22/2014

Wow, it seems some people are coming around to the negative aspects of grey market beer. I am feeling like 40-50% on this thread are siding with SH. Great stuff. Hope we can continue to see this trend continue on RB.... Though I won’t hold my breath as it has been a long fight.
Tim

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 18:30 Sat 3/22/2014

all chill out and be glad that you are lucky to get his beers. it’s not a right but a privilege. all power to Shaun, his beers should be have fresh at maximum enjoyment capacity. if it means rationing exports then so be it. I’d rather have them at the brewery tap.

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4607 º 19:13 Sat 3/22/2014

Actually, the only thing in the article I object to is when they refer to DC beer laws as "grey." I think the beer laws here are logical and normal. The beer laws in all the other states are "blue."

b3shine
beers 12222 º places 372 º 20:22 Sat 3/22/2014

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
I wish the majority of the people on this site would shut up but we don’t get what we want. It seems anytime Shaun has something to say someone will start on this bandwagon of shitting on him. It gets old and tiresome. Believe it or not he really truly cares about how his product is enjoyed. It causes him great stress in life. I am not saying that is how it should be but you can’t change the way you are wired. What I don’t get is why a bunch of people who do not drink his beer or even live near his market take every chance they can to shit on him in every thread that pops up like this. Jesus this site is like a cesspool sometimes.

I respect your loyalty to your friends. I really do.

The problem is it’s often at the expense of your consumers, which isn’t part of most successful business plans... If you don’t like the discussions, maybe you should avoid the site - or at least the threads.

Shaun is a lightning rod - and he has had a large part to do with that. This incident is about as unimportant as anything I’ve heard of when it comes to him. In fact, he seems to make a legitimate point.

But he doesn’t pick his battles. He fights with beer sellers. He fights with beer traders. He fights with beer raters. And now he’s fighting with bar owners.

It’s like miketd said: maybe he’s right in this case, but he’s pissed so many people off with his attitude along the way that the only people who would bother defending him are his fan boys and those who haven’t been privy to his antics in the past.

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 21:19 Sat 3/22/2014

It’s just beer. Water. Yeast. Malt. Hops.