Special Tallgrass Cask

Reads 1220 • Replies 25 • Started Sunday, October 30, 2011 12:46:48 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

beastiefan2k
beers 5020 º places 294 º 08:56 Sun 11/20/2011

Originally posted by natedoggkc
This Friday we are going to tap a firkin of PsychOasis, Oasis w/candy cap mushrooms, at Barley’s on Midland.

Hey admins, perhaps we should unretire this cask since it doesn’t seem to be a one off.

Nate, what is the likelihood of this being available again?

Indra
beers 2711 º places 78 º 16:35 Sun 11/20/2011

Yeah good catch, obviously not retired if a firkin was just on last week.

I ended up not going out for it, though, I couldn’t even convince my wife to go and she likes mushrooms a lot (I don’t).

JohnF
17:22 Sun 11/20/2011

Candy cap mushrooms are used more like a spice than a vegetable in food. They taste like fenugreek or maple. Never had them in beer but I would not think a prerequisitite for liking it in beer would be liking other mushrooms.

I have to say of the two beers I have heard of candy cap mushrooms being used in, Wick for Brains seems like a better candidate than Oasis. I would love to try either though.

natedoggkc
beers 165 º 20:54 Mon 11/21/2011

Just so you guys know I parted ways with Tallgrass and I am pursuing other opportunities that have presented themselves to me.

csbosox
beers 1229 º places 13 º 09:24 Tue 11/22/2011

Wow, will be eager to learn what is next.

Originally posted by natedoggkc
Just so you guys know I parted ways with Tallgrass and I am pursuing other opportunities that have presented themselves to me.