Tired Hands - Blinded by the Light that Spills

Reads 4762 • Replies 72 • Started Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:54:40 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:45 Wed 3/20/2013

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
... "I also didn’t mention saison at all in that post... should we all start a thread everytime we don’t agree with others ratings?"

Absolutely not. I addressed that on page 3, in response to Dakine.

Let’s pretend I didn’t say "saison." Let’s pretend I said "any style of beer for which the average abv is below 7%."

Actually, the thread was more about skewed statistics, people actually tasting the rareness, and finally, rating American Pale Ales and Blonde Ales artificially high because it’s the muppet/hipster movement of the month.

Maybe someone who has some free time could go about listing separately (no user names, please), the average score awarded the American Pale Ale style of beer by each person who has rated Light that Spills... just to see how skewed I’m predicting the numbers are. Or, list the average score awarded American Pale Ales of everyone (as a group) who has rated Light that spills.

Maybe for the mathematically challenged, just a list of the average ranking of American Pale Ales within the stats of the folks (as a group) who have rated Light that Spills. Example: User 1’s stats list American Pale Ale as his/her #10 favorite style of beer. User 2’s stats list American Pale Ale as his/her #6 favorite style of beer. User 3’s stats list American Pale Ale as his/her #1 favorite style of beer, etc. Then add them all up and divide.

Something like that.

Fun. Fun.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:46 Wed 3/20/2013

How did I do in my first time trolling? Good? Bad? Medium? Undecided?

Bad, right? That’s what I thought. Still, I had to cross it off my bucket list.

kmweaver
beers 3208 º places 116 º 11:27 Wed 3/20/2013

Originally posted by hopscotch

I managed to stay out of it. C-.

(Which includes extra credit for using Muppets instead of sheep.)

Eric, speaking as a friend: I know you can troll better if you just believe in yourself.

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 11:30 Wed 3/20/2013

I thought the title was clever.

acurtis
beers 53 º places 7 º 11:57 Wed 3/20/2013

I enjoyed it, but found it thin and rather bland, but rather bland. Flawless, but bland... and it was very fresh.
It’s a pretty good American pale ale. So is Hair of the Dog Ruth and Alesmith X and neither of them are scoring a 4.26.
4.26 for this beer is ridiculous... and I’ve tried an American pale ale or two.

Of the folks who have rated it, I wonder what their average score is for American pale ales as a style. I still don’t know who they are, by the way.

I’m fortunate in that I am able to try many Hill Farmstead and Tired Hands beers that are released. Thanks so much to my friends for that.

Maybe I take these breweries for granted. I certainly enjoy most of their offerings, but this is an American pale ale for God’s sake.

A beer scoring a 4.26 should be a game changer. After drinking it, the sky should be a little bluer... the sun a little brighter... the wife a little prettier... the sound of a Harley Davidson driving past the house at 4 a.m. a little less annoying.

Yeah, I know I’m stirring the pot and poking the hive, but honestly, I think scoring this beer a
4.26 = Muppetry; plain and simple.

I love TH beers but their growlers don’t hold up. I mean they don’t hold up long enough to get them home let along trade them through the mail.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 11:58 Wed 3/20/2013

Brian - Thanks.

Ken - You’re right. I half-assed it. Damn.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 12:49 Wed 3/20/2013

Originally posted by acurtis
I enjoyed it, but found it thin and rather bland, but rather bland. Flawless, but bland... and it was very fresh.
It’s a pretty good American pale ale. So is Hair of the Dog Ruth and Alesmith X and neither of them are scoring a 4.26.
4.26 for this beer is ridiculous... and I’ve tried an American pale ale or two.

Of the folks who have rated it, I wonder what their average score is for American pale ales as a style. I still don’t know who they are, by the way.

I’m fortunate in that I am able to try many Hill Farmstead and Tired Hands beers that are released. Thanks so much to my friends for that.

Maybe I take these breweries for granted. I certainly enjoy most of their offerings, but this is an American pale ale for God’s sake.

A beer scoring a 4.26 should be a game changer. After drinking it, the sky should be a little bluer... the sun a little brighter... the wife a little prettier... the sound of a Harley Davidson driving past the house at 4 a.m. a little less annoying.

Yeah, I know I’m stirring the pot and poking the hive, but honestly, I think scoring this beer a
4.26 = Muppetry; plain and simple.

I love TH beers but their growlers don’t hold up. I mean they don’t hold up long enough to get them home let along trade them through the mail.

I’d disagree, actually. We had a growler of Farmhands sent to Chicago that was terrific. YMMV.

Suttree
beers 7122 º places 260 º 13:17 Wed 3/20/2013

I would’ve liked to see the word "overrated", possibly with an exclamation point, in the title.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 13:22 Wed 3/20/2013

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
Breaking news : Person from florida does not like beer not from florida

cken a bro

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 13:25 Wed 3/20/2013

Does one have to trade ambergris for this garbage juice or could I score some in the trading forums? The beer sounds awesome.