Trader Not Responding to Messages

Reads 4875 • Replies 52 • Started Monday, April 14, 2014 7:45:29 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fishmich
beers 7 º places 2 º 17:48 Tue 4/15/2014

Originally posted by wchesser
Originally posted by fishmich
nope doesnt make me feel any better, that sucks bad. mine was only 17lbs but was around $120 in beer and mead counting the extras i threw in.

Bill, what was he supposed to send you? Maybe I can send a bit of a consolation box. I almost feel guilty for being your first distance trade and getting you into this mess :).

ha! no worries, i love trading, probably have around 20 under my belt between a couple different sites and ive met some cool people because of it. maybe i shouldnt but i still have some faith since he has so many positive trades. i will likely be leaving bad feedback tonight though until he comes through.

Bvdubn
beers 17 º 18:01 Tue 4/15/2014

So I just confirmed with the OP that I recently recently traded with the trader in question. There were actually 2 of us from my area that traded with him and he completed our trades about two weeks apart. At times the trader in question was slow to communicate but in both instances that I am aware of the trader sent the agreed upon beers along with some great extras even though the trades took a while to complete. It sounds like he may have set up more trades than he could handle and he is now slowly working through the open trades. Hopefully he comes through for everyone involved.

LEMONHEAD
places 1 º 00:55 Wed 4/16/2014

Originally posted by miketd
You guys have more patience and faith than Mother Teresa.

This exactly! Some of these stories of waiting and hoping are really pathetic to be honest.

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 05:41 Wed 4/16/2014

i have over 235 trades here and knock on wood have only been burned 1 time and it was by a very trusted member and only 1 growler of beer. i have traded with the person in question here and it was a very slow process.

TheWhiteWolf
beers 3 º 06:05 Wed 4/16/2014

Damn sloth traders

vlan1
beers 219 º places 30 º 06:10 Wed 4/16/2014

Originally posted by LEMONHEAD
Originally posted by miketd
You guys have more patience and faith than Mother Teresa.

This exactly! Some of these stories of waiting and hoping are really pathetic to be honest.

Theres no way I would wait for anything over 30 days unless it was a pre release trade. Maybe I’m an impatient A-hole. Anything longer than that is a neutral or negative feedback.

sloth
beers 3474 º places 102 º 06:15 Wed 4/16/2014

Originally posted by TheWhiteWolf
Damn sloth traders

fishmich
beers 7 º places 2 º 06:23 Wed 4/16/2014

two reasons ive waited are this. one is he has close to 30 very positive feedback ratings. the other is he has been in contact with me a couple times telling me he will be shipping and he is sorry. at this point however, yes it has gone too far. ive contacted thebeersommelier so we will see where that goes.

blklab2007
beers 2121 º places 17 º 07:56 Wed 4/16/2014

No one on this site leaves neutral feedback. It is either positive or negative. Seems as long as someone eventually makes good it is fine. I would bet that most people who receive real late trades leave no feedback at all to not cause an argument.

I have two traders over two months late on there end. One stopped communicating almost two months ago (I have contacted TBS) and the other has told me 4 times now he has shipped a box out. Just finally got a box from another guy I have traded with many times that took 7 months to get. Lots of flakey traders that take there sweet time with things.

NeoHippie2
beers 1074 º places 51 º 09:27 Wed 4/16/2014

While patience is without a doubt an important part of trading, so is professionalism and timeliness. But above all is communication. If you have to wonder whether or not the person you are trading with might be screwing you over...you’ve already learned everything you need to know about trading with that person in the future.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer