Twin Cities Area Brewpubs and Taprooms

Reads 14109 • Replies 111 • Started Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:52:00 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 13:30 Thu 11/13/2014

Lupulin Brewing in Big Lake plans to open its brewery and taproom in the first quarter of 2015. This one intrigues me. http://monticellotimes.com/2014/11/08/big-lake-based-lupulin-brewing-breaks-ground-for-brewery-tap-room/

It’s old news -- sorry if someone has already mentioned it, but as long as I’m bringing up possible 2015Q1 taproom openings, I’ll note that Bad Weather, which currently is brewing at Lucid in Minnetonka, will be moving to West 7th Street in St. Paul and plans to open its taproom in early 2015. Now I’ll spend the next hour trying to diagram that sentence.

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 17:59 Tue 11/18/2014

Insight Brewing snuck a soft opening past me on Saturday (11-15-14). Its official grand opening is this Friday (11-21-14). Insight’s opening brings Minneapolis alone up to 20 taprooms and brewpubs (13 and 7, respectively) by my count. We’re up to 51 taprooms and brewpubs open in the area according to my criteria and records. Surly, Eastlake, Wabasha, and Badger Hill are your top contenders for next to open. I’ll predict that Eastlake is next, with Badger Hill the one most likely to prove me wrong.

CLevar
places 23 º 12:59 Fri 11/21/2014

Is Insight Brewing in the database?

Maybe I’m just slow, but I can’t seem to find it.

Skyview
admin
beers 6263 º 17:29 Fri 11/21/2014

Originally posted by CLevar

Insight is in the database - Link

So is Take 16 - Link

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 22:24 Fri 11/21/2014

Roets Jordan Brewery Co., famous in this thread for losing its original brewery and taproom site to a mudslide not long before it was to open earlier this year, is on track for a spring 2015 opening at a different location in Jordan, MN.

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/dining/283077021.html

CLevar
places 23 º 23:33 Fri 11/21/2014

Originally posted by Skyview
Originally posted by CLevar

Insight is in the database - Link

So is Take 16 - Link

Added today though, right?

Or am I going mad?

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 08:30 Tue 11/25/2014

Eastlake Craft Brewery at the Midtown Global Market in Minneapolis (920 E. Lake St. #123) has announced that it will have a soft opening on Saturday, December 6. Eastlake is following the Dangerous Man and Sisyphus model of selling its beer only at its taproom. In the unlikely event that you purchased certain merchandise at Eastlake’s online store and received free beer tokens, you can get your beer now through November 30.

islay
beers 3622 º places 18 º 12:32 Tue 11/25/2014

Jackofallbrews at BA (and http://jackofallbrews.blogspot.com ) mentioned that Minnesota Harvest Orchard ( http://minnesotaharvest.net/) in Jordan is in the alcoholic beverage business. Tim Roets of the upcoming Roets Jordan Brewery is making some of those products for Minnesota Harvest. I did some research, and I found out that they are making wine, cider, "cyser" (cider/mead hybrid), mead, etc. Most importantly, they brew graff (cider/beer hybrid; think Sociable Cider Werks). That qualifies them as a brewery in my book (although I assume they operate on a winery license like Schram). And they do indeed have a "bar area" (I would call it a "taproom") where you can buy these products by the glass for consumption on site. Unfortunately, that taproom probably is closed for the season, and the employee to whom I spoke wasn’t sure when it would reopen next year. They do plan to bottle and sell at liquor stores shortly. They opened the bar area in September of this year. I’m counting this as another Twin Cities area taproom and as open (albeit seasonally closed), and Minnesota Harvest should be added to the database, arguably as a cidery. I wonder how many other "unknown" "breweries" are open under our noses.

Bacterial
beers 3140 º places 134 º 18:43 Tue 11/25/2014

I hear Oude Oak is opening pretty soon!

CLevar
places 23 º 19:04 Tue 11/25/2014

Originally posted by Bacterial
I hear Oude Oak is opening pretty soon!

I wish...