What’s New - Part 5

Reads 13598 • Replies 143 • Started Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:32:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 00:25 Mon 4/18/2016

Originally posted by t0rin0
Homebrew Co might be the winner for the new ones today. Not amazing but decent all around. Despite being in a homebrew shop they have a 7 bbl system allegedly.

Resident is in The Local. Nice place, good service, beer is just ok.

Bolt, similar to Resident but the beer is worse.

Ballast Point Little Italy is fun but it takes forever to get a beer (as always). They have a tap with the governators face on it. Quality.

You are a machine

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 09:55 Mon 4/18/2016

Where is your review for Mikkeller, Bobby?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:08 Mon 4/18/2016

Originally posted by beercation
Where is your review for Mikkeller, Bobby?

I’ll get to it eventually. I’m behind about 300 places at the moment.

MarcoDL
beers 9608 º places 213 º 06:40 Tue 4/19/2016

Is there an entry yet for Mikkeller San Diego? Curious to what the first experiences are.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 09:53 Tue 4/19/2016

Originally posted by MarcoDL
Is there an entry yet for Mikkeller San Diego? Curious to what the first experiences are.

Good call, didn’t catch that it wasn’t in the system yet. Just added it

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp?PlaceID=62092

I probably shouldn’t be forming my opinion on the grand opening party but that’s all I’ve experienced so far. It was kind of weird that they had a quasi beer fest in the back for the people who bought tickets yet were still open for regular business for us regular shmucks. The beer is decent to good. Certainly better than those two AleSmith/Mikkeller IPAs that have been on tap down the way at the new AleSmith facility. The tasting room is very bright and colorful now, kind of an interesting change from before. It’s not clear to me which of the beers were brewed in house and which were imported, or if all of them were brewed in house. It’s worth a stop for sure, and being only a mile from the new AleSmith plant (along with the new humungous Ballast Point factory) you can hit a few of the big breweries in one trip.

Brocation, can you text me a good picture of the outside with the logo above the front door? I want to upload it here. Or you can do it if you’re doing it from a PC and not a phone.

rcubed
beers 35 º 12:38 Tue 4/19/2016

All the Mikkeller beers on draft for F&F night on Friday were brewed in house.

bytemesis
beers 15342 º places 1600 º 14:20 Tue 4/19/2016

I am flying to Burbank this afternoon. Land at 3PM and planning to head west and hit Wolf Creek, Ladyface, Figueroa and Twisted Oak, perhaps finishing back at Macleod. Let me now if I am missing anything important out that way and/or if anybody wants to meet up. There are a couple other breweries listed in that direction, but they don’t seem to be open on Tuesdays

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 15:09 Tue 4/19/2016

Originally posted by rcubed

So how does it work for the Ratebeer entries for Beer Geek Breakfast or Brunch? New entries because they are brewed at a new facility?

rcubed
beers 35 º 17:45 Tue 4/19/2016

So how does it work for the Ratebeer entries for Beer Geek Breakfast or Brunch? New entries because they are brewed at a new facility?

I have no idea but I was told that the recipes have been changed a bit. The new facility should be entered as Mikkeller SD in my opinion and the beers brewed there should reflect that.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 19:18 Tue 4/19/2016

I have no idea but I was told that the recipes have been changed a bit. The new facility should be entered as Mikkeller SD in my opinion and the beers brewed there should reflect that.

As it is we leave it under the original listing, but if the recipe is actually different then you might have an argument. How different are we talking?