When Will You "Retire?"

Reads 8942 • Replies 111 • Started Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:52:47 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 14:54 Fri 7/4/2014

Originally posted by HonusWagner
I don’t plan on quitting any time soon, though I’m one of the youngest people here I think so that shouldn’t be a huge surprise.

How old are you bro? I joined when I was a fetus, at 6.5 months gestation. I’ve been a member for 9 years, so I’m roughly eight and a half years old. I plan on retiring once all of the issues in OTM have been peacefully and unanimously resolved.

Originally posted by DuffMan
Originally posted by HonusWagner
I don’t plan on quitting any time soon, though I’m one of the youngest people here I think so that shouldn’t be a huge surprise.

How old are you bro? I joined when I was a fetus, at 6.5 months gestation. I’ve been a member for 9 years, so I’m roughly eight and a half years old. I plan on retiring once all of the issues in OTM have been peacefully and unanimously resolved.
A subtle way of saying "never?"

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 15:59 Fri 7/4/2014

Dunno. It might fall out of fashion again. Moving to Valdosta, GA has definitely slowed me down. North FL was a stream of nonstop rates. More than I could keep up with. Valdosta... not so much.

Ungstrup
beers 51302 º places 372 º 16:23 Fri 7/4/2014

I retired when I hit 20,000 ratings, so I’m years into retirement (wish I lived in SD)

Now I’m just chillin’ and getting a few more under the belt. No stress - no more goals

crazyvin
beers 2026 º places 1 º 17:10 Fri 7/4/2014

When i have rated more saisons than pale lagers. Which right now is an eighty rating differential.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 19:29 Fri 7/4/2014

Originally posted by Ungstrup
I retired when I hit 20,000 ratings, so I’m years into retirement (wish I lived in SD)

Now I’m just chillin’ and getting a few more under the belt. No stress - no more goals

Jens my young lad here, is what we all wish to be. Top 5 and are like, whatever.

When you’ve had 20000 reviewed beers, you kinda know about beer. Now its our turn to teach you lot.

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 22:43 Fri 7/4/2014

Retired, heading toward death. Rarely search out beers any more, haven’t had a whale in at least 2 years.

I don’t know what any of the abbreviations are in the trade section. This is how I know I’m fading away......

I go more for placeratings now and if I reach 100 of each style, country, region....
then I might retire completely.

egajdzis
beers 9960 º places 49 º 06:41 Sat 7/5/2014

Originally posted by HenrikSoegaard
I go more for placeratings now and if I reach 100 of each style, country, region....
then I might retire completely.

Oh man, don’t go for 100 of each style. We already determined that was a bad idea.

DerWeg
beers 2175 º places 48 º 08:26 Sat 7/5/2014

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
I’m speaking primarily about beer rating, but also from contributing on other aspects of the site (place ratings, adding beers, updates, etc.)

June 3rd, 2027. I’ll have tired of it all by about 3:45 in the afternoon.