Who else has Kernel love?

Reads 3407 • Replies 41 • Started Sunday, September 2, 2012 10:44:54 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

evergreen0199
beers 5942 º 02:21 Sun 9/16/2012

I’ve never been down to Kernel on a saturday morning, do they have any of their beers on tap or is just bottles? I have been to the old and the new brewery locations during the week to pick up some bottles. Because I commute from zone 6 to 1 every weekday, I can’t be bothered with the same ritual on a saturday morning! I may have to make the effort sometime soon.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40761 º places 1239 º 03:14 Sun 9/16/2012

Originally posted by evergreen0199
I’ve never been down to Kernel on a saturday morning, do they have any of their beers on tap or is just bottles? I have been to the old and the new brewery locations during the week to pick up some bottles. Because I commute from zone 6 to 1 every weekday, I can’t be bothered with the same ritual on a saturday morning! I may have to make the effort sometime soon.

I’m in the same boat as you. 2 and a half to 3 hours round trip commute from Surrey to SW1 every day really doesn’t inspire a Saturday visit to London for me.

I just pop down on a lunchtime every few months and fill up a rucksack.

Next time I make one of my rare Saturday trips to the smoke I must also make the effort to pop down!

I see the hours are listed as 9 to 3. What’s the earliest folks tend to show up for a drink?

Leighton
beers 33783 º places 1204 º 06:50 Sun 9/16/2012

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by evergreen0199

I’m in the same boat as you. 2 and a half to 3 hours round trip commute from Surrey to SW1 every day really doesn’t inspire a Saturday visit to London for me.

I just pop down on a lunchtime every few months and fill up a rucksack.

Next time I make one of my rare Saturday trips to the smoke I must also make the effort to pop down!

I see the hours are listed as 9 to 3. What’s the earliest folks tend to show up for a drink?

9am

Fin
beers 17294 º places 1653 º 08:42 Sun 9/16/2012

Usually about 12 noon, which was the case again yesterday. Bit quiet on the RB front yesterday.

Leighton
beers 33783 º places 1204 º 15:15 Sun 9/16/2012

Originally posted by Fin
Usually about 12 noon, which was the case again yesterday. Bit quiet on the RB front yesterday.

I was out of country yesterday; sorry, Fin.

I’ll be out the next two weekends as well so I’ll have to catch you lot in October.

evergreen0199
beers 5942 º 06:29 Mon 1/14/2013

I’ve always really liked the Kernel beers but I am currently getting into this ’Kernel Love’ phase just now. The Kernel India Pale Ale Centennial Topaz Stella is just superb, I’ve now consumed about 5 bottles of this beauty. I get this huge contented smile on my face when I’ve finished it. It is just sad that with Kernel you know that the beer won’t be available for a long time. Drink em while you can I reckon.

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 07:25 Mon 1/14/2013

You were at Kernel on Saturday, Fin? I was there at half 2 but completely missed you.

Leighton
beers 33783 º places 1204 º 07:45 Mon 1/14/2013

Originally posted by tdtm82
You were at Kernel on Saturday, Fin? I was there at half 2 but completely missed you.

Thomas: note well that Fin’s post was in mid September, 2012. (Although, he may well have been there again last Saturday, I suppose.) :)

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 09:56 Mon 1/14/2013

I am going to buy my first couple of bottles of Kernel this week. I suppose it will be more of a grope under the bra, rather than a love affair for the first time round. But who knows where it will lead?

Fin
beers 17294 º places 1653 º 11:04 Mon 1/14/2013

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by tdtm82

Thomas: note well that Fin’s post was in mid September, 2012. (Although, he may well have been there again last Saturday, I suppose.) :)

Just to set the record straight Leighton is correct, I wasn’t at Kernel on Saturday. We were at Whittlesey Straw Bear, nr Peterborough. A wonderful typically British bonkers winter folk event, with about 40+ Morris sides loads of pubs bursting to the seams and get this in one bar Oakham Straw Bear at £2.10 a pint, and whilst I am not that bothered about Courage Directors, Pedigree or Spitfire I certainly am not going to complain when I walk into another pub and see them at £1.80 a pint Is the fenlands area of the country always this cheap or is it just Straw Bear madness? Btw Tydd Steam Beartown another special along with Elgoods Straw Bear were also pretty good, though Oakham as ever stole the show. Glad we had the camper, because I did have a few Saturday.