RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

BrewDog: Haway Man, get a grip

read 2271 times • 55 replies • posted 6/13/2013 5:04:16 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

ACD 638:31
Upon reading this: http://t.co/U3rto48mr9 earlier today, I can safely say that BrewDog has taking pisser-pulling and chain-yanking to all new heights.

Anyone else feel that they should just get back to brewing some bloody beer and quit this intolerable media-focused shite?
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
harrisoni 13733:21
I donít bother reading anything any more about BrewDogís stunts, I just turn up to the bars in London and drink anything new thatís on.
6/13/2013 5:09:59 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Leighton 11023:618
First of all, it looks like this new project is íseparate from BrewDogí beer or something. But anyway...

Generally speaking, I like BrewDog beer. I donít really pay any attention to their marketing nonsense; however, their marketing nonsense has attracted countless fans to their brand (who knows, perhaps even to their beer!) and allowed the company to grow at an astronomical rate. I cannot imagine any reason why they would stop with their social media overload. Itís working for them and Iíll bet they pick up 10 new customers for every beer geek like us that they annoy.

I think BrewDog makes some excellent beers. The only time I have to come up against the gimmicky aesthetic they put out is when I go to BrewDog bars. I will admit, though, that I go to BrewDog bars less and less now since they are all but unvisitable in the evenings (crowded, loud and noisy, the people are mostly obnoxious, etc.) and the prices BrewDog charge for their beers are well outside the range I would consider normal. Itís a pity, but so it goes.

Iíll keep drinking BrewDog beers because many of them are good (and some great). And while Iím not crazy about their marketing practices, I donít blame them for continuing on the course they have charted.
6/13/2013 5:21:30 AM

FrumptyDumpty
ugh
6/13/2013 5:23:45 AM

kaufmanised 9:11
totally agree, let the beer do the talking! look at kernel for example good beer and no noticable advertising!

6/13/2013 5:27:08 AM

premium
chriso 7365:371
What a load of baloney
6/13/2013 5:29:04 AM

premium
Theydon_Bois 8710:620
As Leighton touched on, all my trips to Brewdog bars have been afternoon jobbies, always been and gone by 5.30pm before the hipsters descend!
6/13/2013 5:40:14 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 14287:150
to be honest im finding them more and more mediochre, the market has caughtup and passed them.

and the marketing isnt even different any more, its just been there done that already.
6/13/2013 5:50:31 AM

premium
Beersiveknown 3000:71
what did the article say..its disappeared now...
6/13/2013 6:33:30 AM

premium
HogTownHarry 6108:28
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
As Leighton touched on, all my trips to Brewdog bars have been afternoon jobbies, always been and gone by 5.30pm before the hipsters descend!

My one and only trip to BrewDog Camden was last year and it was 3pm-5pm mid-week - it was fairly quiet, the staff were chatting with one another but quite friendly, I did not feel rushed, out of place or surrounded by hipsters. I plan on a return visit this August, but at approximately the same time of a weekday. I never read their PR nonsense, or anyone elseís for that matter. Their beers are hits and misses and homer runs and strikeouts (sorry - sixes and LBWs) - just like most breweries, with or without the attitude. I anticipate at least 6-8 BrewDog ticks this visit.
6/13/2013 6:37:57 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 14287:150
Originally posted by Beersiveknown
what did the article say..its disappeared now...

oh i suspect be back at 6pm when it was meant to go up :-)

but media garbage

they have made a lower abv version of bismark and are marketing it as a cool hip new never done before spirit.

6/13/2013 6:43:56 AM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers