An American Brewery Makes the World’s Best Berliner Weiss and it may end up #1!

Reads 2666 • Replies 34 • Started Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:00:02 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 23:00 Wed 8/1/2012

Cigar City has made a beer with passionfruit and dragonfruit that has 47 ratings that currently sits in the top 10 on this site. Hats off to them. This must by default mean that Americans make the world’s best Berliner Weiss!

STLWill
23:08 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by Cletus
Cigar City has made a beer with passionfruit and dragonfruit that has 47 ratings that currently sits in the top 10 on this site. Hats off to them. This must by default mean that Americans make the world’s best Berliner Weiss!

How many of the 47 reviewers have actually had Passionfruit and Dragonfruit before drinking this beer?

And Americans make the best of many styles that originated elsewhere, so why the surprise? The number of new aggressively creative breweries in the US dwarfs other countries, so yeah this is going to happen.

DYCSoccer17
beers 3746 º places 344 º 23:10 Wed 8/1/2012

American sours suck. Oh yeah, if Cigar City wasn’t owned by a ratebeerian, then their scores probably wouldn’t be as high. :P

tyler_mn
beers 1475 º places 67 º 23:11 Wed 8/1/2012

This thread is destined for greatness...

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 23:13 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by DYCSoccer17
American sours suck. Oh yeah, if Cigar City wasn’t owned by a ratebeerian, then their scores probably wouldn’t be as high. :P

And all that homerism and shit! Also, USA beer rules and everything else sucks and USA saisons are teh best ever no matter what!

Congrats to Cigar City for making as many great beers as they do!

arminjewell
beers 9756 º places 10 º 23:21 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by DYCSoccer17

Just need to send a sample to MN

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 23:28 Wed 8/1/2012

This beer is the one that just might bring Edgeworth out of retirement. Why isn’t it bottled and available everywhere yet?

miketd
beers 5 º places 125 º 23:32 Wed 8/1/2012

This beer is the one that just might bring Edgeworth out of retirement.

It can raise the dead? Sure it wasn’t brewed in Haiti?

Cletus
beers 6349 º places 233 º 23:37 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by miketd
This beer is the one that just might bring Edgeworth out of retirement.

It can raise the dead? Sure it wasn’t brewed in Haiti?

I will track down a Santero to do just this if it is bottled and sent to me. The only stipulation is that I need to get 2 bottles so that i can drink one myself and enter into the spirit quest necessary to find a good Santero.

rpattinson
beers 84 º 00:29 Thu 8/2/2012

Though the best Berliner Weisse is brewed in Germany.

madbeer101
beers 11906 º places 94 º 00:33 Thu 8/2/2012

Originally posted by rpattinson
Though the best Berliner Weisse is brewed in Germany.

It is. But hush hush. Don’t tell the Americans.