Are we Aussie RBer’s apathetic?

Reads 7007 • Replies 48 • Started Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:21:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 03:21 Wed 2/2/2011

I have met many cool Rate Beer users in my travels, particularly in the States and Japan, though here there seems to be a lot less activity and input down under.

This site was what really got me in to good beer after I picked up a Hoegaarden Grand Cru one night after work in a Japanese supermarket by way of curiosity. I haven’t looked back since.

So why is it that I have to go to Beer Advocate to get a bit of banter with fellow beer lovers? I quite often get beer msgs about where I got such and such beer, but that’s it!

Of the last half dozen threads there hasn’t even been a reply...

We are all beer lovers so why don’t we get this forum kicking a little>? Any topic is welcome.

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 03:22 Wed 2/2/2011

*Of the last half dozen threads there hasn’t even been a reply...to half the threads

ndon
beers 857 º places 48 º 03:34 Wed 2/2/2011

i’ve tried a few times to get some convo’s going, but maybe most prefer to drink and shut up about it haha

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 03:37 Wed 2/2/2011

Originally posted by ndon
i’ve tried a few times to get some convo’s going, but maybe most prefer to drink and shut up about it haha

I have noticed your effort and it is appreciated mate.

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 03:39 Wed 2/2/2011

BTW you’re off to England right? You should msg Nate2g. He was from Brisbane now working at the rake...top bloke

ndon
beers 857 º places 48 º 03:39 Wed 2/2/2011

all the other metros tend to have local RB crews, asked a few people if they were going to various beerfests but nobody seems to go. I’m actually moving to London in 3 weeks so there’ll be one less trying to be active on this one

hawthorne00
beers 8474 º places 63 º 04:21 Wed 2/2/2011

I was just coming to bump a thread or two, actually. Yeah, it’s slow here. Perhaps we could have a troll roster.

How about -
Grey imports are good;
Contract brewing is fine; or
Australian hefes bottle respectably when they’re OK on tap - evidence for a German conspiracy.

As much as anything I think things are just unfolding nicely, with as much progress in the last year as in the last three or the ten before that. Perhaps I should be excited that it’s happening or impatient that we’ve a long way to go, but mostly I’m just happy to watch it unfold and drink the new local beer and the tide of good imports.

hawthorne00
beers 8474 º places 63 º 04:29 Wed 2/2/2011

Seeing as previous Melbourne Update thread is now frozen, a few notes:
Prince Wine and Spirits Clarendon St and Cloudwine Cellars Brighton are now both Liquorlands. Anyone know about the fate of the other branches of these places?

Also, according to The Crafty Pint, LambsGoBaa is shut and has moved to the nice old pub The Rainbow in Fitzroy.

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 04:55 Wed 2/2/2011

Originally posted by hawthorne00
Prince Wine and Spirits Clarendon St and Cloudwine Cellars Brighton are now both Liquorlands. Anyone know about the fate of the other branches of these places?

Also, according to The Crafty Pint, LambsGoBaa is shut and has moved to the nice old pub The Rainbow in Fitzroy.

Yeah the progress is great. Still far behind, but encouraging. When I came back in 2009 from Japan after drinking Green Flash, Stone etc on tap regularly it was tough. But now I can get a decent hop fix and creativity is starting to rear it’s wonderful head - just look at the list for the next taphouse event! Wow!

Also we have far greater access to good British and mainland Euro beers than ever before - at a price of course!

ndon
beers 857 º places 48 º 17:12 Wed 2/2/2011

im loving a lot of the limited releases breweries are putting out lately, and events like the specTAPulars at the taphouses are making things quite exciting. so many good beers to try.

Green Flash and Stone on tap?? you could not believe how jealous i am right now!!!

Stew41
beers 2523 º places 298 º 13:37 Thu 2/3/2011

Originally posted by hawthorne00