Around Town - February-March 2012

Reads 10712 • Replies 163 • Started Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:36:23 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 07:54 Thu 3/8/2012

Anyone know what might be getting tapped at GI Stout Fest this year? I remember they released a list prior to the event of what Goose Island would at least be pouring...

guerinfbfan
beers 110 º places 4 º 09:39 Tue 3/13/2012

A few sixers of Hopslam stil available at Binny’s in River Grove

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 06:57 Wed 3/14/2012

Barrel Aged Repo goes on tonight at Rev...

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:59 Wed 3/14/2012

Pipeworks End of Days bottles are hitting stores. FwB bottles are at Binnys Lincoln Park again.

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 07:00 Wed 3/14/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
Pipeworks End of Days bottles are hitting stores. FwB bottles are at Binnys Lincoln Park again.

I thought that happened yesterday? Oh well, I gotta make a stop at Binny’s tonight.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:18 Wed 3/14/2012

Originally posted by Tooch4321
Anyone know what might be getting tapped at GI Stout Fest this year? I remember they released a list prior to the event of what Goose Island would at least be pouring...

Haven’t heard much about the Goose beers.. might ask Ken later.. thought that doesn’t mean he’d know the Clybourn stuff.. which is always just as plentiful as the Fulton stuff

I heard mentionings of HIB in Bourbon form from FFF..

Destihl is bringing:
Dosvidanya
Black Angel
St Dekkera Sour Stout (A new entry into the St Dekkera Series)

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:19 Wed 3/14/2012

Haven’t heard much about the Goose beers.. might ask Ken later.. thought that doesn’t mean he’d know the Clybourn stuff.. which is always just as plentiful as the Fulton stuff

Destihl is bringing:
Dosvidanya
Black Angel

Also, not to steal Pipeworks thunder, but I believe they are bringing:
Jones Dawg
End of Days

Same as last year if I recall, but you can rate them this year.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:20 Wed 3/14/2012

I thought that happened yesterday? Oh well, I gotta make a stop at Binny’s tonight.

I believe they arrived at Lincoln Park yesterday.. but they weren’t hitting other stores till today? Perhaps Gerrit can enlighten us.

Tooch4321
beers 11 º 07:25 Wed 3/14/2012

Dude, you are a wealth of knowledge, thanks! I’ll see you on Saturday...

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 07:59 Wed 3/14/2012

Destihl is bringing:
Dosvidanya
Black Angel

I’m interested to try Dosvidanya again, hopefully on clean lines. I know when I was in Champaign in December that they have a pretty big quantity of that going now.