Around Town - February-March 2012

Reads 10708 • Replies 163 • Started Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:36:23 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:04 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by pantanap
Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by Tooch4321
Anyone know what might be getting tapped at GI Stout Fest this year? I remember they released a list prior to the event of what Goose Island would at least be pouring...

Haven’t heard much about the Goose beers.. might ask Ken later.. thought that doesn’t mean he’d know the Clybourn stuff.. which is always just as plentiful as the Fulton stuff

I heard mentionings of HIB in Bourbon form from FFF..

Destihl is bringing:
Dosvidanya
Black Angel
St Dekkera Sour Stout (A new entry into the St Dekkera Series)

dosvid is the barrel-aged version. black angel is standard.
barrel-aged sour cherry stout will also be pouring.
the sour is a blend.

good to be back in town.

But Matt mentioned it’s not Cerise though when I talked to him earlier this week.. but it is another sour cherry stout?

Welcome back.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:05 Fri 3/16/2012

Andrew also seemed to mention there would just be regular HBI from FFF @ Stoutfest when I shot him a message..

theburden
beers 10 º places 1 º 07:15 Fri 3/16/2012

The HBI this year had the coffee extract aged in a bourbon bbl for a month. We then refilled the bourbon bbl with HBI after the mix. The bbl-aged version will be available next year.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 07:17 Fri 3/16/2012

Anyone know what might be getting tapped at GI Stout Fest this year? I remember they released a list prior to the event of what Goose Island would at least be pouring...

Haven’t heard much about the Goose beers.. might ask Ken later.. thought that doesn’t mean he’d know the Clybourn stuff.. which is always just as plentiful as the Fulton stuff

Destihl is bringing:
Dosvidanya
Black Angel

the sour is a blend.

good to be back in town.

So wait a sec, I thought Dosvidanya was a completely different beer from BA Black Angel? Black Angel is a smallish (6.7%) American stout vs. Dosvidanya, which is an RIS. They poured both at FoBAB last year.

pantanap
beers 3367 º places 1 º 07:30 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel

Destihl is bringing:
Dosvidanya
Black Angel

the sour is a blend.

good to be back in town.

So wait a sec, I thought Dosvidanya was a completely different beer from BA Black Angel? Black Angel is a smallish (6.7%) American stout vs. Dosvidanya, which is an RIS. They poured both at FoBAB last year.

they will be pouring both ba dosvid as well as standard black angel. they are different beers.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 07:31 Fri 3/16/2012

Destihl is bringing:
Dosvidanya
Black Angel

the sour is a blend.

good to be back in town.

they will be pouring both ba dosvid as well as standard black angel. they are different beers.

okay, I just misread your post then.

pantanap
beers 3367 º places 1 º 07:34 Fri 3/16/2012

Destihl is bringing:
Dosvidanya
Black Angel

the sour is a blend.

good to be back in town.

But Matt mentioned it’s not Cerise though when I talked to him earlier this week.. but it is another sour cherry stout?

Welcome back.

different. this one’s a 10% stout aged 4months in a fresh Heaven Hill barrel with 22 pounds of belgian dark chocolate and 10 pounds of dried tart cherries added.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:40 Fri 3/16/2012

Greenbush will be at Stoutfest.. They hate people from RateBeer (And BA I guess too).

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 07:53 Fri 3/16/2012

Greenbush will be at Stoutfest.. They hate people from RateBeer (And BA I guess too).

why’s that?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:55 Fri 3/16/2012

why’s that?

You’d have to have followed their facebook rant about people who rate, rate beers poorly (Instead of selectively just rating things you like), and raters being cowards who won’t say what they think to their faces..