beer mistakes

Reads 4048 • Replies 45 • Started Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:08:13 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

dankman
beers 257 º places 20 º 15:32 Wed 9/26/2012

Only a total dirtbag knows they are paying less because of a mistake on behalf of an employee. I hope anyone here that is willing to screw over a business owner due to a mistake they find experiences the same in return.

left_bank
beers 106 º places 107 º 15:44 Wed 9/26/2012

as far as i can remember,most stores in montreal give you the item free if the price on the register is different to the marked price on the bottle/shelf.

as to paying less because of an employee mistake,can not agree with dankman more!

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 15:49 Wed 9/26/2012

Originally posted by dankman
Only a total dirtbag knows they are paying less because of a mistake on behalf of an employee. I hope anyone here that is willing to screw over a business owner due to a mistake they find experiences the same in return.

Respect Beer.

dankman
beers 257 º places 20 º 17:21 Wed 9/26/2012

Originally posted by pepsiedcan

Respect Beer.

Respect those that are selling you your beer.

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 17:26 Wed 9/26/2012

Unless its walmart or some mega chain. Id take that mistake any time

TURDFERGUSON
beers 4067 º places 154 º 17:29 Wed 9/26/2012

Was in Boston in 2007 and found some 1999 3f Oude Gueuze at bauer wine and spirits. Got two bottles ( kicking myself for not buying it all now) for $15/bottle.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 17:48 Wed 9/26/2012

Originally posted by pepsiedcan

Respect those that are selling you your beer.

We had a guy get a 4 pack of great river oktoberfest for $2.49 today instead of $8.99 because my boss (the owner) didn’t click a button. I noticed and brought the can over next door and fixed the problem. Hire better staff or train people better and things like this would happen a lot less and get corrected quickly. I’d like to say it evens out with all of the random pricing errors we most likely have in our favor, but a customer is going to be a lot more vocal about something being priced $.10 over what they think it is vs. getting something for $6 off.

In my example earlier, the store had everything from goose island in 4 packs at $4.99 and just marked seasonal clearance. I would hope they knew the difference between a $20 4 pack and an $8 4 pack. Maybe they just wanted to get it off the shelf in favor of something that would move instead of collecting dust.

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 17:50 Wed 9/26/2012

I’m a retail grocery manager and if we make a price mistake, we honor the lower price every single time. They’re not dirtbags we when made the mistake, and we certainly appreciate it when they bring it to our attention.

portableparty
beers 2397 º places 20 º 17:52 Wed 9/26/2012

2010 I brought up a 15th anniversary Great Divide Wood Aged Double IPA and the clerk looked at the register and said there is a mistake "there is no way a beer costs $9.99 this is a single bottle and those are only $1.69 Did I feel guilty NO I was excited to get an awesome deal! There are days I spend $60 in a store and days where I spend $10. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time!

Another story that did not happen to me, but my brothers boss. He happened to walk in a store looking to buy Surly Four and when he brought 2 to the counter and the clerk rang them up for $4.99 each he ran back and bought several more!

Who doesn’t like being in the right place at the right time?
I know nobody likes being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

RamyG4
beers 324 º places 3 º 17:59 Wed 9/26/2012

I bought and filled 2 growlers at a store a few months ago. The forgot to charge me for the growlers themselves (8.99 each), but I pointed out their mistake and paid for them. Oh well.