Brew Dog expensive and noisy ...

Reads 11920 • Replies 158 • Started Saturday, January 17, 2015 4:08:17 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 15:03 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by Fin
Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Originally posted by Scopey
Just visited BD Shepsy Bush. Twas a delight. Pretty quiet & plenty of interesting beers on. Even added a new oskar blues beer. What’s not to like....?

The young bar staff who are all better looking than me...

I’ll tell you on Saturday Martin

My avatar wasnt a random choice. Good likeness there.

It looks like its from a Pieter Bruegel painting, is it?

Its this guy.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduard_von_Gr%C3%BCtzner

Had to look it up though, I am no expert. My art stopped with Tony Hart.

evergreen0199
beers 5930 º 15:16 Mon 1/19/2015

I had the haggis spring rolls in BD Shepherds Bush twice and they were damn tasty and reasonably priced. I may even call in again this week having read this lively thread.

madmitch76
beers 36920 º places 240 º 15:57 Mon 1/19/2015

Selection is pretty good isn’t it? Really? Even Silk was there.at early BD events because it was a ’happening’ and not in a shitty M Night Shylaman sort of way.

Yeah since those days there has been a whole lotta stuff that has fucked people off, eg I spent shitloads on that fucking squirrel thing that was subsequently handed out gratis at several events. So if anyone should have it in for this brewery I reckon I’m in with a good shout to be most fucked off with BD, except I’m not. Their shareholder discount has more than paid it’a way, I’ve had shedloads of good guest beers at BD. BD have released many many good beers.

I detest the £18 pint (some abstrakts and other specialities) and Camden with it’s annoying fuckwit hipster clientelle is second only to the Sloaney Pony for near justifiable homicide. But these things are trivial to the good things BD bring. I suspect a lot of us,.some more than they would admit, would sorely miss them if they went to the wall. I certainly would.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 16:23 Mon 1/19/2015

So im wondering. If a place only sold bottled beer no one would complain about dispense?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 16:27 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by MagicDave6
So im wondering. If a place only sold bottled beer no one would complain about dispense?

This you testing out a new business model?

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 18:35 Mon 1/19/2015

Those haggis spring rolls are excellent.

Back when Mason & Taylor were in the space that's now Brewdog Shoreditch I always thought they had the food thing bang on. Smaller interesting plates that weren't all carbohydrate bombs. I love a good burger or pizza as much as the next guy but there are way too many identikit menus in boozers up and down the country.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 18:46 Mon 1/19/2015

No just iv only just got time to think about this thread.

Does one go to Düsseldorf and not mark somewhere down for not having Alt from Cask? Does one go to an Finish Festival and not note that none of the Sahti is traditionally made? Do you go to the Czech republic and not think about how many places state on the menu filtered/unfiltered and at times from gravity?

Most of you know the answer to this. This is of course NOTHING to do with rating in any way shape or form.

This is a bullshit thread and had i noted it earlier i would have deleted it for the initial poster calling out another member which is completely uncalled for and totally out of line.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 01:17 Tue 1/20/2015

No just iv only just got time to think about this thread.

Does one go to Düsseldorf and not mark somewhere down for not having Alt from Cask? Does one go to an Finish Festival and not note that none of the Sahti is traditionally made? Do you go to the Czech republic and not think about how many places state on the menu filtered/unfiltered and at times from gravity?

Most of you know the answer to this. This is of course NOTHING to do with rating in any way shape or form.

This is a bullshit thread and had i noted it earlier i would have deleted it for the initial poster calling out another member which is completely uncalled for and totally out of line.

Calling out another memnber would surely mean ...

1.) me naming the other member

or 2.) Posting a link to a review

Did I do either of these things?

Or did I pick up on a generic theme of people knocking BD bars that I feel that I have the right to spark a debate on?

About half the people in the thread seem to think this exists and isn’t cricket, about half the people in the thread disagree with my view.

That’s how an online forum debate should go.

So tell me what the problem is Tom and why this thread should have been deleted???

cgarvieuk
beers 37622 º places 457 º 02:47 Tue 1/20/2015

Oh i dont think anyone is denying that there a fair bit of hatred out there from a wide range of people for brewdog

but theyre only reaping what they sow.

But i cant see how we can trust a system where only people who like them get to rate them.

Fin
beers 17271 º places 1653 º 02:51 Tue 1/20/2015

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Oh i dont think anyone is denying that there a fair bit of hatred out there from a wide range of people for brewdog

but theyre only reaping what they sow.

But i cant see how we can trust a system where only people who like them get to rate them.

I don’t think Colin is saying that. I think that he is trying to say no matter what your preferences are, at the very least try to be open minded, fair and reasonable when you rate them and leave any prejudices that you have at the front door.

Anyway I liked Leighton’s message earlier so lets have another

http://www.animalsplannet.com/teddy-bears-hugging/