Brew Dog expensive and noisy ...

Reads 11919 • Replies 158 • Started Saturday, January 17, 2015 4:08:17 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 09:28 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by BenH
It’s an interesting point and while we clearly all don’t agree on how we should score the place rating components and what the rules would be (if there were any), I think we can all agree that there shouldn’t be scoring rules and we can all just keep scoring however the fuck we want by our own rules. If you want to score down for no cask, do it. If you want to score down because the kegs don’t rotate quickly, do it. If you want to score down because there aren’t enough new ticks, do it. If you disagree with someone scoring down for those reasons then shut the fuck up and quietly mull over your disdain for their opinion. I mean that in a ’calling out individuals’ sense which hasn’t been done in this thread, so it was good to have this conversation in the context that it has been had. It’s easy to be under the illusion that everyone else should think in the same way that you do regardless of how right you think you are.

I think thats more or less what ive been trying to say, its not that i think No cask should score badly, Just that i dont like the idea of telling someone that if they dont find anything they want to drink in a bar they should score it higher cause others might.

Fin
beers 17271 º places 1653 º 09:33 Mon 1/19/2015

Yes this has been a good thread, and I agree with the comments in response to my age of staff query, Leighton and others are totally right, I guess that it is all in proportion, like I said I don’t have an issue with the staff in fact I that they are of a pretty high calibre across the board, maybe I am just getting older and noticing these things more.

Don’t really have too much of an issue with how people rate places, the only think that slightly annoys me is when people don’t really tell you anything about the place and they are just clearly ticking off a place for stats.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 09:56 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
just for the record, ive nothing particular against the brewdog bars ive been in, and like nearly every one else think there staff are very friendly and helpfull (though BD edinburgh could tweet more)

all my comments have been aimed at "Give BD a low overall score if it aint your thing but Dont Fuck me over on selection... Please "

I still think its perfectly reasonable for someone to score it lower for selection than there local watering hole if they find the selection in BD less to their liking.

I could walk into a bar selling hundreds of Macro Lagers, but im never going to give it a good selection score as there would be nothing there for me.

And compared to some where like Cloister or the Bow bar that offers a similar number of taps. But a mix of cask and keg i would say its a poorer selection

Take my comment on being fucked over on selection as you wish Craig.

As stated many times - it’s all subjective.

I take your points on board re: your preferences but mine was aimed at someone who is clearly a CAMRA luddite and who had an agenda to knock BD from the off.

Some of us are more open minded and have travelled the beer world to a much greater extent than others - just how it is, doesn’t stop me thinking that they are wrong and I am right !

Other opinions etc...

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 11:31 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Take my comment on being fucked over on selection as you wish Craig.

As stated many times - it’s all subjective.

I take your points on board re: your preferences but mine was aimed at someone who is clearly a CAMRA luddite and who had an agenda to knock BD from the off.

Some of us are more open minded and have travelled the beer world to a much greater extent than others - just how it is, doesn’t stop me thinking that they are wrong and I am right !

Other opinions etc...

are you trying to be offensive now?
So some one has a different opinion than you doesnt make them a luddite, or closed minded

and why does your travel make you better than them.

Im fed up of people judging me for the way i drink and for what i like, to approve of others judging others for not holding the same opinion as them.

Opinions are subjective which is why people looking down and complaining about others options annoys me so much. Let others enjoy beer in what ever way they wish, and if were happy to give our opinions on places and beers then allow others to do so without publicly looking down on them

pricey290483
beers 875 º places 59 º 11:52 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by McNeillR
Originally posted by pricey290483
Originally posted by McNeillR
I thought this was in response to the Pricey guy’s review (and his subsequent LOL contribution with "carat beef clarkenwell").
<br

What was up with my review?

The Brewdog review was fine, I just had a fair chuckle at your phone/live rating "Craft Beer" being "Carat Beef" is something I will be pinching...

ok did i write "carat Beef" not saying i didn’t just can’t see it! i do tend to write a quick review on my phone then finish it off when i get home.

what do people think of the food in BD pubs? i have had good and not so good!

Leighton
beers 33717 º places 1204 º 11:54 Mon 1/19/2015

OK, time for a virtual group hug all! Please, anyone considering posting angry thoughts, have a browse through link below before doing so. This is the UK forum, for crying out loud! Keep it civil!

http://www.animalsplannet.com/teddy-bears-hugging/

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 12:02 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by Leighton
OK, time for a virtual group hug all! Please, anyone considering posting angry thoughts, have a browse through link below before doing so. This is the UK forum, for crying out loud! Keep it civil!

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 12:16 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by Leighton

Angry or opposing or more considered? You can all decide. We can all have different opinions, but as you say Leighton, I have always valued the pleasant tolerance of the UK Forum.

Does the opinion of someone with 50 rates and 5 countries visited more valid than someone with 10, 000 rates and 30 countries visited?

I leave that for others to decide. This afternoon I have learnt that many beer drinkers have many opinions. Some have surprised me but all of them were honestly held. And I couldn’t disagree with them. I didn’t share their view but I was won over by their genuineness of thought.

anon84892
beers 3284 º places 21 º 12:30 Mon 1/19/2015

I think the food across the board could be improved. I like the style of food in their pubs, it just isn’t very well executed.

Glasgow - Been a while since I’ve visited but the burgers were decent, not great

Edinburgh - The pizzas need work. The floppy half cooked base is a disaster, the toppings are great so there’s potential. The wedges are good but shouldn’t be in a cup because only the top few get toppings. The cheese and meat boards are ok but for the price and quality, I’d expect more, they give you a shit tonne of (crap) bread and crackers for a measly portion of cheese and meat. The amount of cheese and meat also varies but it’s never on the generous side.

Camden - Been a while since I ate there but the burgers were decent, not great.

Sheps Bush - The chilli mac n cheese was delish but the corn bread was shocking, fell apart to crumbs when I tried to pick it up, flavour was good.

So a bit of a mix. I like that the menu is different from pub to pub. I think they should hire a decent chef to either re-invent or at least tweak all of their menus. They also need to get the nachos out and do them well.

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 12:40 Mon 1/19/2015

Originally posted by BenH

I think the food across the board could be improved. I like the style of food in their pubs, it just isn’t very well executed.

Edinburgh - The pizzas need work. The floppy half cooked base is a disaster, the toppings are great so there’s potential. The wedges are good but shouldn’t be in a cup because only the top few get toppings. The cheese and meat boards are ok but for the price and quality, I’d expect more, they give you a shit tonne of (crap) bread and crackers for a measly portion of cheese and meat. The amount of cheese and meat also varies but it’s never on the generous side.

iva always enjoyed the Pizza, but the DEATH sauce that came with the Massive warning should not have been ignored by the idiot me. trying wash the burn away with 12% stout doesnt work