RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Brewing Schedule for 2013

read 1676 times • 40 replies • posted 1/9/2013 6:25:37 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

HornyDevil
Originally posted by pellegjr
Equatorial Stout: Foreign Extra Stout w/ cocoa nibs, coffee, and Thai chiles. Decent base beer, the flavor accents need some ratio adjustment.

Odd that you wouldnít use cayenne in this. The earthiness seems to fit better with the base, cocoa, and coffee.

Originally posted by pellegjr
Fruit bomb, the lady got a taste of NG Belgian Red and has been asking for something similar ever since.

Are you going to kill the yeast with sulfate and backsweeten?
1/11/2013 6:12:44 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
JulienHuxley 2941:249
I brew about once a week, so I rarely plan more than a couple months ahead. My planning goes with the yeast I use, right now Iím about to brew my last batch with a kŲlsch yeast Iíve been using, about to start a string of belgian ales then Iím going back to london esb for a couple porters/ESBs. I always like having some IPA and saison fermenting so those yeasts go pretty much year round.
1/11/2013 9:13:14 AM

HornyDevil
Originally posted by JulienHuxley
I brew about once a week, so I rarely plan more than a couple months ahead.

Holy Jeebus! What do you do with all that beer?
1/11/2013 9:25:39 AM

premium
JulienHuxley 2941:249
Iím a philosophy major, so I have a lot of poor friends to help out. They pay for half the ingredients, they give me a hand on brewday, and they get half the batch. I like it because I get to brew and hone my skills plus have a good variety of homebrew ready most of the time. They LOVE me.
1/11/2013 10:08:00 AM

premium
eelbasher 285:6
Just racked a Wheat beer onto Blueberries....up next is either a Cherry Oatmeal stout or somekind of a single hop pale ale.
1/12/2013 4:07:00 PM

Quasimodo 217:
I have a black current porter bottled that was supposed to be more like a chocolate coffee porter, but I didnít use enough specialty grains so the black current note from challenger hops is what dominates it. Iíll call it a happy accident porter because it tastes good.

Currently fermenting a honey blonde ale with Moteuka hops and WY1098. Iíll split the batch after fermentation and add some fruit to half of it and bottle the other half.

1/12/2013 4:48:03 PM

premium
BMan1113VR 7834:379
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Originally posted by BMan1113VR
Originally posted by adamjackson. I have so many great local IPAs to drink from Hill Farmstead and Lawsons that brewing my own IPAs isnít as much fun.
As much as I love HF IPAs, there is always a worth while reason to have homebrewed hoppy beers on tap if you do them right.

With control & money being the two main factors, imo.
granted on the control bit for sure. Money...I donít know
1/12/2013 10:24:10 PM

premium
BMan1113VR 7834:379
As far as my brew schedule...work (at a brewery) has really killed my urge to package. I have 10+ beers going at the moment, and my ideas/urges to brew outway my willingness to transfer or package (be it keg or bottles)... that said, once I package most of my 2012/2011 and the few 2010 beers (and one 2009 wine) I have, I think most of the new brews will be things I want to keg (hoppy IPAs/pales/etc), and some sours, with some meads mixed in. I brewed way to many saisons (various) this year that I am now to lazy to bottle condition or keg.
1/12/2013 10:27:46 PM

faithinchaos
continuing last years theme and doing a lot of single hop 3.5-4% alcohol beers.

going to actually bottle up some of these sours...
1/13/2013 3:17:52 PM

Quasimodo 217:
Iíve brewed soda pop with a higher ABV :)
1/13/2013 3:36:56 PM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add