College Foos-ball is the Devil 2013

Reads 52025 • Replies 795 • Started Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:44:58 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:15 Fri 6/7/2013

Eh.. I think you are wrong.

Either way.. its hilarious stuff..

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:48 Fri 6/7/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
Eh.. I think you are wrong.

Either way.. its hilarious stuff..

Actually, I was spot on.

Link

Public reprimand and censure.
Two years of probation from June 7, 2013 through June 6, 2015.
A one-year show-cause order for the former assistant coach, which prevents him from recruiting activities and booster interaction. The public report contains further details.
A reduction of the number of official visits to 39, from the four-year average of 41, for the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years (Self-imposed by the university).
A reduction of the number of recruiting days during the spring evaluation period by four, from 168 to 164, for the 2012-13 academic year (Self-imposed by the university).
A reduction in the number of total scholarships by two, from 85 to 83, for the 2012-13 academic year (Self-imposed by the university).
A reduction in the number of initial and total scholarships by two, from 25 to 23 and 85 to 83, respectively, for the 2013-14 academic year (Self-imposed by the university).
For the first two conference contests of the 2013 season, complimentary admissions to football recruits will be prohibited (Self-imposed by the university).
Disassociation of the booster by the university’s athletics program. Details of the disassociation can be found in the public report (Self-imposed by the university).

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 11:52 Fri 6/7/2013

Pretty minor, recruiting impact. Still makes me laugh like hell, oh the irony. Considering how Old Piss and Freeze mopped up State in recruiting last year, any edge for the next two years is not good. Playing in the SEC, you had better win the home state of MS.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 11:59 Fri 6/7/2013

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Pretty minor, recruiting impact. Still makes me laugh like hell, oh the irony. Considering how Old Piss and Freeze mopped up State in recruiting last year, any edge for the next two years is not good. Playing in the SEC, you had better win the home state of MS.

Hell, Ole Piss mopped up most teams last year.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 12:12 Fri 6/7/2013

Originally posted by CheesedMan

Not gonna happen again nationally like that. Did they all qualify? 7-5 or 6-6 this year, did they beat a ranked team last year? Defense will be putrid. I’ll be floored if they land another top 10 class.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 12:31 Fri 6/7/2013

Not gonna happen again nationally like that. Did they all qualify? 7-5 or 6-6 this year, did they beat a ranked team last year? Defense will be putrid. I’ll be floored if they land another top 10 class.

As will I. I do know that Antonio Conner did not qualify, hell, he didn’t graduate high school.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 09:45 Sun 6/9/2013

Liking this Canes top 10 class so far this year. We go in front of the Committee of Infractions next week. I suspect we get something along the lines of what MSU got. I believe our two bowl bans plus an ACC Championship game appearance ban will be enough and I think we’ll get a couple schollies lost, nothing too damaging.

Im not sure how long after the meeting we have to wait to get the verdict, but since it took 2+ years as well as an internal NCAA investigation into their own organization, Im guessing at least another 2 years lol. What a joke they are.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 08:25 Sun 6/16/2013

Oh that crazy Johnny Football. What a douche.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:55 Sun 6/16/2013

Read about that this morning, not the brightest bulb in the box.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 12:18 Sun 6/16/2013

Read about that this morning, not the brightest bulb in the box.

Heisman slump coming.