College Foos-ball is the Devil 2013

Reads 52022 • Replies 795 • Started Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:44:58 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:19 Fri 11/15/2013

Look who is alive

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:02 Fri 11/15/2013

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:51 Fri 11/15/2013

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 07:20 Fri 11/15/2013

So Alum you do get the irony of bragging on academic prowess out one side of your mouth when they don’t let the athletes take those courses......oh yeah, guess which school produced more Rhodes Scholars?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:28 Fri 11/15/2013

Originally posted by jzzbassman
So Alum you do get the irony of bragging on academic prowess out one side of your mouth when they don’t let the athletes take those courses......oh yeah, guess which school produced more Rhodes Scholars?

As I said, comparing academics for football players in these programs doesn’t really hit the point I made. There are so many factors that go into athlete academics, special help, etc. I get what you are saying. It’s a seperate point entirely. But it has very little to do with what I said previously. You’ve taken one specific example and tried to lambast me over it when my point was as a conference and on the whole, academics have been mentioned as a focus (as for them pulling out that argument when it’s convenient for them is another case and some of the clearly hypocritical actions they’ve taken when it suits them) in the B1G.

Alabama is one of the better universities in the SEC along with obviously Florida and Vanderbilt and additionally Georgia and newcomer Texas AnM. I wasn’t faulting a specific University in the SEC in the slightest. I think that is what you are getting hung up on. I did not assert that.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:35 Fri 11/15/2013

And I still don’t think anyone can honestly say with a straight face (Aside from the whole Big East/AAC debacle and seperation) that the Big 12 WASN’T the big loser in major conference expansion..

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:03 Sat 11/16/2013

Originally posted by SHIG
Damn I am busy for a day and all hell breaks loose. I like it. As for Syracuse we are 5-5 with @FSU, Pitt, and BC left. We have 12 (13 if you count Cooper qualifying this year after commiting last year) verbals, 2.77 avg stars #62 class (16 better than UCF). We’ve been in a lot of upper teir recruits top 3/5s after many years of bad recruiting/horrible seasons, but failed to seal the deal. PSU stole a LB from us after NCAA gave them back some scollies and Wisc flipped a TE that had verballed as well. We need at least a bowl this year and sustained performance to relive the 90s with Gumby.

As for the past we have one more NCAA title than Miss St, South Carolina, WV, UCF and ours wasn’t shared in controversy like Iowa’s. Throw in that we also embarrased WV in our Pinstripe Bowl win last year.

I sent you two rare beers on the condition you never talk about the last three years of WV and Syracuse head-to-head. Send ’em back.

*If you wanna throw the last 13 or 14 years in there as well, then I’m chill.

Kansas?

Fuck!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:31 Sat 11/16/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
Not sure what to think of this..

http://deadspin.com/hawaiis-throwback-football-uniforms-have-rainbows-are-1464823378

me either, but they were (and are again) the rainbow warriors so i guess you gotta ride the horse that brought you.

http://deadspin.com/teacher-slugs-middle-schooler-who-mocked-his-favorite-f-1464906056

the middle school teacher is a baller. if the wells kid didn’t wanna get hit, then he shoulda kept his yap shut and his hands to himself. talking shit and hitting someone bigger than you is stupid. hopefully he learned a lesson and will think twice next time. teachers put up with a lot of shit from those little bastards nowadays.

face-to-face isn’t like facebook or twitter. it’s real life. he probably was being an entitled little prick, because he knew teachers can’t hit students anymore. kids could use some more knockin around nowadays. kids face no consequences for talkin shit to people these days.

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER

What really worries me is whether Wendy can talk me down from the window-ledge if West Virginia loses to Kansas today.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:34 Sat 11/16/2013

And I still don’t think anyone can honestly say with a straight face (Aside from the whole Big East/AAC debacle and seperation) that the Big 12 WASN’T the big loser in major conference expansion..

Including Big Ten money and third-tier media rights, how much does Iowa pull in each year?

Don’t lie. I can look that shit up... and will.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 10:34 Sat 11/16/2013

Way to have em ready for Temple George.