Creative ratings?

Reads 2352 • Replies 43 • Started Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:52:57 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

bartalone
beers 45 º places 1 º 22:52 Wed 11/14/2012

This is area I do not understand as to why the ratings all read the similar???

Where is the creative narration of the enjoyment of wonderful beverages?

I wish that people would do the needful and not just say thing like "hint of acorn with a butter and musky after-tone - pour like blah blah blah - have froth head. etc...."

I wish that the people would speak of great experience while drinking the lovely liquids and not just talk of same thing by many people!

I love you.

Oakes
admin
beers 30657 º places 1135 º 23:01 Wed 11/14/2012

you are free to rate any way you please, same with everybody else.

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 23:06 Wed 11/14/2012

Not everyone has the talent to work the words "glorious buttcheeks" into every rating.

bartalone
beers 45 º places 1 º 23:12 Wed 11/14/2012

Originally posted by jtclockwork
Not everyone has the talent to work the words "glorious buttcheeks" into every rating.

In no way, shape or form can the phrase "Glorious Buttcheeks" ever be considered a bad thing.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 23:15 Wed 11/14/2012

Buzzed quick?

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 23:16 Wed 11/14/2012

When I browse reviews, I generally skip the short and generic ones and pay attention to the long and inspired ones. I find that sorting them by Highest score and reading the rates for either the highest or lowest scores awarded provides the most amusing, satisfying experience. I certainly appreciate a good, creative, inspired rate, they always are the most insightful. I gloss over the 1-sentence 1-ounce-pour rates entirely, they are useless to me.

honest_silu
beers 70 º 23:17 Wed 11/14/2012

Hello Bartalone der, I am fan of your ratings and follow you with much devotion.

I think you include much passion and have similar taste in beer as me, Silu.

PS: I love buttcheeks.

bartalone
beers 45 º places 1 º 23:18 Wed 11/14/2012

Thank you Silu - I LIKE YOUR PICTURE OF zOO AND ANIMAL DRINK AREA!

Originally posted by honest_silu
Hello Bartalone der, I am fan of your ratings and follow you with much devotion.

I think you include much passion and have similar taste in beer as me, Silu.

PS: I love buttcheeks.

bartalone
beers 45 º places 1 º 23:25 Wed 11/14/2012

soy sauce?

Uve to be in GG? I’m in Redondo - Cheers

Originally posted by womencantsail
Buzzed quick?

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 23:28 Wed 11/14/2012

As a counter argument, your ratings are just as equally nonsense to me with no description of what the beer was psychically like. If I read that rating for La Terrible, I could not decipher if it was good, bad, blonde, dark, bitter, sweet, Belgian, American, ale, lager. Really nothing.

bartalone
beers 45 º places 1 º 23:35 Wed 11/14/2012

I appreciate your input. I guess I like to have fun with things - you telling me that a beer has a hint of "tree bark" is as informative to me as my "glorious buttcheeks" comment is to you.

Originally posted by GT2
As a counter argument, your ratings are just as equally nonsense to me with no description of what the beer was psychically like. If I read that rating for La Terrible, I could not decipher if it was good, bad, blonde, dark, bitter, sweet, Belgian, American, ale, lager. Really nothing.