drink with a RateBeer’er....who would you pick???

Reads 7406 • Replies 80 • Started Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:55:21 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CLevar
places 23 º 22:21 Thu 8/28/2014

I’d really like to drink another Rhinelander with JMag.

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 00:40 Fri 8/29/2014

Would have been cool to meet up with GT2 at some point given how much we’ve talked on this site. Also friendly trade partners like AdamJackson, Bytemesis and joeneugs would have been cool to meet. Wouldn’t mind meeting Glouglouburp again either.

harrisoni
beers 25388 º places 68 º 02:12 Fri 8/29/2014

Originally posted by Erlangernick
dream of meeting Craig.

So Craig, Chris, and SilkTork would probably be next.

If you are dreaming of Craig, I’d get a new subconcious if I were you. But Craig’s a lovely bloke and you’d have a laugh.

The last time SilkTork turned up at a Chriso tasting he was semi naked for the first half of the tasting. It was hot though.

harrisoni
beers 25388 º places 68 º 02:13 Fri 8/29/2014

Originally posted by fly
Originally posted by BBB63
The whole of the UK crew

I can tell you that after having met some of the London lot, you should go think about what you said. They struck fear deep in my heart and had such a menacing look about them.

Yeah you looked pretty scared when I came up to you at GBBF. I’ve never seen someone run away to the safety of the table so quick.

tennisjoel
beers 2240 º places 53 º 06:14 Fri 8/29/2014

Some of the old MN crew (or ex-crew) that I haven’t seen in a while: footbalm, skyview, jk, milkmandan, oslo, guerde, hellomynameis, WisconsinBeer, joebrew, BDR, stine, and probably some others I’m forgetting.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:26 Fri 8/29/2014

Excluding people I’ve already met/drank with I’ll settle on:

Gary, joet, kmweaver.

Totally should have ticked Joel @ MuckFest this year too. Terrible mistake missing out. At least he left a pity glass with Petey for me.

probably cross off Ken and maybe Joel @ GABF this year tho.

KyotoLefty
beers 15117 º places 1061 º 06:42 Fri 8/29/2014

Actually, I am amazed at the number of folks I have already been able to have a beer with, many of them several times over the years. I’m looking forward to anyone who lives in a city I’m going to!

jimmack
beers 1223 º places 24 º 08:40 Fri 8/29/2014

Have shared some beers with 3fourths in the past, but would love to hang out with him, TAR, and Ernest on a trip to Europe.

SHIG
admin
beers 13087 º places 502 º 12:39 Fri 8/29/2014

Originally posted by hockeybeerguy
SHIG, Savnac and any other Northern Alaskans that evade me.

When you coming to Capital Brew Fest? If and when you do, bring your gang/entourage.

Ah, hell, I’ll drink with anyone and most non-ratebeerians know that.

Apologies to y’all for only making this my second post ever on ratebeer.

Likewise hockeybeerguy since he seems to be the next active Alaskan rater at this time (when are you coming up to Anchorage?). Also would like to tick mikem409/hubsluvbeer, dmac, MaxxDaddy, j12601, jtclockwork, DrSilverworm,DYCSoccer17 and any other folks I have met in Ratebeer chat.

Jamesthebrit
beers 422 º places 22 º 13:16 Fri 8/29/2014

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by b3shine
Originally posted by Jamesthebrit
Someone in Atlanta. Just moved there and I’m so alone. :’(

Message TheBeerSommelier. He lives in the ’burbs and is good peeps. He’s very knowledgeable about the ATL beer scene as well.
Also go see Joran van Ginderachter, just moved from Belgium to Decatur to become head brewer at Three Taverns. I’m sure he needs someone to come drink his beer and speak European with him.
Oh, and the crew at Trappeze in Athens will make anyone feel welcome.

Thanks guys! Hopefully an atlanta meet and greet will happen!