European Secret Summer Santa 2015

Reads 24371 • Replies 275 • Started Friday, June 12, 2015 12:51:26 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

EuroSummerSanta
12:51 Fri 6/12/2015

Ho ho ho to the European RateBeerians,

before we all head into our well-deserved summer holidays, it is surely time for some gift-giving - let’s start the second Euro Secret Summer Santa!

To apply, send me a BM with

1) your complete address

2) what beer styles you are looking for (try to stay fair - not only Lambics and Imperial Stouts) - you may have a look over your wishlist in your beer cellar again!

3) where you are willing to ship to and other personal notes which are important to know for your secret santa.

- Sorry, but no one with negative trade feedback, with less than 50 beer ratings or anyone being not on Ratebeer longer than a month can take part! -

Application time ends on Sunday, 28th of June 2015, at 6 pm MET - spread the joy and invite beer buddys to take part in the party.

You will get your recipient two to three days later.

Rules you must accept before applying:

1) You must ship until (latest!) 15 th of July 2015

2) Send a minimum of 3 liters

3) Do NOT send crappy beers you want to get rid off in your cellar or beers that are already rated (cellared) by your recipient.

4) Have a look at your recipients wishlist and take care of his wishes in regard of styles and favourites when getting the beer. You can send beers from all over the world und must not stay local.

5) A nice extra (like something from your country) is always welcomed

6) Send me the packages ID code when it is send

7) When you got your package- post the haul in this thread, preferable with a photo.

I hope we will all have a good time in this round.

Your EuroSummerSanta

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 13:01 Fri 6/12/2015

Nice!

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 17:11 Sat 6/13/2015

IN! :D

minutemat
beers 14673 º places 551 º 17:49 Sat 6/13/2015

INnnn

Werckmeister
beers 6297 º places 263 º 14:31 Sun 6/14/2015

I’m in too :)

I would like some input though ... How do you guys handle this Secret Santa thing in regards of beer quality, especially compared with the European Local Swaps. The requirements are a bit vague and I am not entirely sure what is expected of me :P I would definitly try to search out better beers and also make an effort to find things from the want list, but I usually also do this for the Local Swap. How do you guys do this, and do you also send local beers only on this one?

Thanks for the input :)

EuroSummerSanta
16:35 Sun 6/14/2015

The Santas are there to fulfill wishes and are NOT a local swap.

So, if your recipient says he / she prefers e.g. IIPAs, Stouts and beers with spices, you can send the best beers availbale in your area, but also from all over the world. So if you have access to a wonderful beer fitting the wishes from your recipient and it is from -let’s say- USA, then you can send this too. Also the recipients wishlist is from importance. If you have access to anything on it, this is also welcomed.
I don’t see anything vague in it - beer quality should be at any swap / trade high ( see point nr. 3) - only when someone requests new countries or a special beer it is ok to send a "bad" beer.

So you can send whatever you think your recipient would be happy and satisfied about, must not be local only.:)

Edit: I added two sentences to the "rules" to make it hopefully clearer. :)

EuroSummerSanta
16:37 Sun 6/14/2015

Little statistics: 13 people in already, 9 different countries.
Come on guys, join the fun.

Werckmeister
beers 6297 º places 263 º 16:48 Sun 6/14/2015

Thanks for the clarification :)

Lowenbrau
beers 5865 º places 432 º 17:10 Sun 6/14/2015

Just a thought about this local/santa´s swaps:

It is important not to ship beers already had by receivers, i think we all agree.
Since only premium members can access full statistics from other users may it be right to limit the swaps to them only?

Don´t get me wrong,I don´t want to prevent anybody joining this, but for sure nobody would be happy when he gets beers already had/rated.

Another option is Santa doing the individual research and communicating the senders the receivers stats, but this is adding a lot of work to our not so well paid, and not enough recognised Santa.

Please discuss.

EuroSummerSanta
02:40 Mon 6/15/2015

Originally posted by Lowenbrau
Since only premium members can access full statistics from other users may it be right to limit the swaps to them only? Don´t get me wrong,I don´t want to prevent anybody joining this, but for sure nobody would be happy when he gets beers already had/rated.

No, I don’t think someone should be excluded just because he/she is not premium (and to be honest - most participants of the swaps are premium anyway). The reason is, that also if you are not premium, you see the beer ratings, statistics ( style / country etc.), beer cellar etc. completly. So why should someone without premium should send a beer already rated?
Of course, a non-premium member cannot "search" the profile of someone for a special beer, but on the other side he/she can "follow" the recipient and go on the beer which he/she might send and have a look under the slot "my friends" to see if it is already rated.

Plovmand
beers 12135 º places 99 º 02:47 Mon 6/15/2015

Count me in

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer