Friday 11th Sep 2015: Shires Virtual Bar

Reads 8460 • Replies 223 • Started Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:45:28 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Mr_Pink_152
beers 14497 º places 456 º 14:42 Fri 9/11/2015

my final beer for the night and another from Oldershaw. cafe football. Made by Oldershaw for a place called cafe football. I believe it’s a football themed cafe. Not great beer.

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 14:42 Fri 9/11/2015

Goose Island IPA and popcorn. Je suis un Yankee. Actually it’s more like soy un Gigante, but that’s a bad baseball reference.

BlackHaddock
beers 15464 º places 1056 º 14:46 Fri 9/11/2015

Originally posted by Mr_Pink_152
my final beer for the night and another from Oldershaw. cafe football. Made by Oldershaw for a place called cafe football. I believe it’s a football themed cafe. Not great beer.

So was that three or four Oldershaw beers mate: I am already losing the plot!

<*))))))><

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 14:48 Fri 9/11/2015

Do I have sit outside now I am drinking beers from Manchester and London for the next few hours?

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 14:49 Fri 9/11/2015

Originally posted by Desverger
Good evening Gentlemen. Just got back home from town after a few more Speedway stouts than planned. Just cracked open a bottle of Derby"shires" finest Thornbridge Saint Petersburg stout, going down splendidly after abit of a crazy afternoon/evening. Food accompaniment is a plethora of salarmi and cheeses with some nice Rugbrød.

Show off

BlackHaddock
beers 15464 º places 1056 º 14:50 Fri 9/11/2015

Originally posted by Desverger
Good evening Gentlemen. Just got back home from town after a few more Speedway stouts than planned. Just cracked open a bottle of Derby"shires" finest Thornbridge Saint Petersburg stout, going down splendidly after abit of a crazy afternoon/evening. Food accompaniment is a plethora of salarmi and cheeses with some nice Rugbrød.

Welcome to the pub/bar: noted your Thornbridge, logged for the next ’Shire update’. I trust your brain and taste buds are still intact after being ’Speedwayed’.

<*))))))><

wheresthepath
beers 3446 º places 281 º 14:51 Fri 9/11/2015

Originally posted by Fin
Originally posted by wheresthepath
A proxy Hampshire beer from a non-RB friend who just texted me purely to opine what a terrible beer Itchen Valley Godfathers is.

I’ve just put "Little Death" album by the superb Pete & the Pirates on the virtual stereo, hope no-one minds. They are a Shires band, I believe. ..

Great choice of music from Reading I believe. Saw Teleman who were formed out of the Ashes of Pete and the Pirates twice last year another good band and very good debut album. No amplified music on this campsite so whistling Pete and the Pirate tracks ’Half Moon Street’ is in me noggin at the mo’

Fin

Teleman are great but not quite up to Pete’s standards in my opinion. Also I believe the new band name has taken them to Brighton, so no longer a shires band.

At the risk of monopolising the jukebox I’ll shove on another Shires (I think) band - Neds Atomic Dustbin. Were they Worcestershire? Somewhere that way I think?

BlackHaddock
beers 15464 º places 1056 º 14:53 Fri 9/11/2015

Originally posted by harrisoni
Right the meze/mezze stuff is in the tupperware and in the fridge. I was worried the olive oil rich foods would make the beers a bit oily, but hoppy beers cut through the oil well.

Gargoyle with an Orval and you should be OK.

<*))))))><

jjsint
beers 7728 º places 1335 º 14:53 Fri 9/11/2015

Drink a beer from Koemanshire. A disappointing Rooie Dop. Shoulda stayed Anglish.

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 14:54 Fri 9/11/2015

On the front label of Goose Island IPA it says English Style IPA. At which point do I stop laughing?? Meantime Greenwich IPA is about the closest thing to this.
Anyway GIIPA is still a damn fine drink in my opinion.
Other opinions are available