GBBF 2013

Reads 14138 • Replies 223 • Started Sunday, June 2, 2013 2:33:12 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mR_fr0g
beers 29176 º places 44 º 14:43 Tue 8/6/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni
Westvleteren Tripel 9.5%

Anyone know what the hell this is??????????

I love the fact that the description on the gbbf website now states "Possibly unavailable". I think they nailed it.

madmitch76
beers 37006 º places 240 º 06:28 Wed 8/7/2013

Originally posted by fonefan
Originally posted by madmitch76
Craig - can your twitter mate make a usable list out of the foreign beers as well? Cheers!

Already made Ken, we (Chris and I) will post link shortly, we are working very hard to make is ready, also cask list ..

Hi Jan - did you finish this? Would love to see it.

evergreen0199
beers 5941 º 11:15 Wed 8/7/2013

Just noticed that they will have De Dolle Stille Nacht on tap! Think I need to lie down and that is before I’ve had any of the beer at this years GBBF.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 11:26 Wed 8/7/2013

Originally posted by evergreen0199
Just noticed that they will have De Dolle Stille Nacht on tap! Think I need to lie down and that is before I’ve had any of the beer at this years GBBF.

Shit the bed, I didnt see that either.

I’ll bring some emergency livers with me on tuesday if anyone needs a spare halfway through the day

harrisoni
beers 25396 º places 68 º 11:44 Wed 8/7/2013

Still just the Dirty Horse for me. Dirty Horse and more Dirty Horse. I want to cover myself with Dirty Horse. Don’t care about the age. Just give me Dirty Horse. Old Dirty Horse, young Dirty Horse, middle aged Dirty Horse. Or a blend of any of the Dirty Horse. Just give me Dirty Horse.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 11:50 Wed 8/7/2013

Originally posted by MagicDave6
Originally posted by evergreen0199

Shit the bed, I didnt see that either.

I’ll bring some emergency livers with me on tuesday if anyone needs a spare halfway through the day

Tom, around 6-7pm I will be taking you up on that offer.

Dirty Horse and LA Bourbon Angels. But yeah might just drink a ton of DH.

Tim

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 11:56 Wed 8/7/2013

Still just the Dirty Horse for me. Dirty Horse and more Dirty Horse. I want to cover myself with Dirty Horse. Don’t care about the age. Just give me Dirty Horse. Old Dirty Horse, young Dirty Horse, middle aged Dirty Horse. Or a blend of any of the Dirty Horse. Just give me Dirty Horse.

Ian, would you do me the pleasure of turning that into the start scene From Dusk Till Dawn and do it in a Spanish accent?

cgarvieuk
beers 37688 º places 457 º 12:39 Wed 8/7/2013

if anyone fancies grabbing me a few Foreign bottles that would be cool :-)

harrisoni
beers 25396 º places 68 º 12:50 Wed 8/7/2013

Originally posted by MagicDave6

Ian, would you do me the pleasure of turning that into the start scene From Dusk Till Dawn and do it in a Spanish accent?

Glad someone got the joke.
I’m not sure if I want 30 year old Dirty Horse or 18 year old Dirty Horse. Preferably I’d want 18 and 30 year old Dirty Horse at the same time. But you can’t always get that. It depends what Urbain is willing to give you. I must admit, I did enjoy the younger version slightly more. I liked the maturity of the older Dirty Horse, refined, knew what it was doing, but just the plump, firm juiciness and sheer exuberance of the 18 year old, well it’s hard to say no. That sour edge on the taste of the 18 year old. Well. It’s hard to replicate.

harrisoni
beers 25396 º places 68 º 12:52 Wed 8/7/2013

I need a lie down after that.