LAMBICS AGAINST LEUKEMIA II - WORLD CUP

Reads 2063 • Replies 20 • Started Friday, July 4, 2014 10:12:02 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Forgetfu
10:12 Fri 7/4/2014

LAMBCS AGAINST LEUKEMIA II - WORLD CUP

Hey everyone - I’m going to run this beer giveaway round as well. All of the beer is coming from Bryan Turner, Jean Van Roy at Cantillon, and Armand Debelder at 3 Fonteinen who have stepped in to help! The beers being given away are AMAZING.

A few quick notes before Bryan’s message. For those of you who don’t know Owen, Owen is an amazing 3 year old who was diagnosed a few months ago with B Cell All Leukemia. His dad is the beer manager at FreshCraft in Denver and an active member of the online beer community and his mom is a student. This is a 3 year treatment plan that comes with a lot of ups and downs. You can read Casey (his mom’s) post about the spinal tap that he just underwent on the youcaring site ’updates’ tab.

This round will be open to anyone worldwide! However, like last round, i could use the help of two or three volunteers to pick up shipping if any boxes are won internationally.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Please take a moment out of today’s celebration to make a donation and help Owen with his fight!

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Beer Community,

I’ll keep this as short...

Bill Young kicked off the fundraising efforts for Owen’s Leukemia Recovery with an awesome few lots of beers in January and a wonderful group of 10 contributors headed in a wide variety of awesome boxes:
Last Round: http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/community-sponsored-fundraiserhelp-a-rb-member-whos-son-has-leukemia_256197.htm
Last round raffle: http://youtu.be/p-_K0n5F8yc

To-date, people have generously donated over $22,500 through http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/o-s-big-fight-/117602 . More than half of that has come from the beer community. I know Owen, Casey, and Matt really appreciate all of the love, support, thoughts and prayers.

Round III begins now...

"Lambics against Leukemia II – World Cup": As the World Cup is in full-swing, Round III to help Owen’s Leukemia Recovery goes global! This week’s USA vs. Belgium match was surely fitting for this round of fundraising as several Belgium brewers and a world beer enthusiast have agreed to help ramp up the fundraising. This round will include the following four quarter final 6-pack prizes as well as contributions from the . In addition, there is a grand prize stretch goal box that will be raffled off only if we hit this round’s target goals:

Forgetfu
10:12 Fri 7/4/2014

Final - BXL Greatness (courtesy of Bryan Turner) (stretch goal - if $32,000 in fundraising is achieved):
Uli Blend
Cantillon Crianza Helena
Drie Fonteinen Framboos
Drie Fonteinen J&J Roze

Semi-Final #1 – Cantillon Greatness (courtesy of Jean Van Roy):
Cantillon Gueuze 1.5L
Cantillon Fou Foune
Cantillon St. Lamvinus

Semi-Final #2 - 3F (Fundraising For a Fight) (courtesy of Bryan Turner):
Drie Fonteinen Armand’4 Seasons (Lente, Zomer, Herfst, Winter)

Quarter Finals #1 - Gettin’ Loonie (courtesy of Bryan Turner):
Cantillon Lou Pepe Gueuze
Cantillon Lou Pepe Framboise
Cantillon Lou Pepe Kriek
Cantillon Gueuze 100% Lambic Bio – 37.5cl
Cantillon Rose de Grambrinus – 37.5cl
Cantillon Kriek 100% Lambic Bio – 37.5cl

Group Stage #2 – 3F (Fundraising For a Fight) (courtesy of Armand Debelder):
3F Hommage – 1x
3F Oude Geuze – 2x
3F Golden Blend – 2x
3F Intense Red – 1x

Quarter Finals #3 - Ridin’ the Toer de Geuze Bus (courtesy of Bryan Turner):
HORALs Mega Blend (’09, ’11, ’13)
Oud Beersel Bzart
Tilquin Geuze
De Cam Framboise

Quarter Finals #4 – The Westvleteren Bicycle Kick (courtesy of Thijs Brabander):
Westvleteren Twelve – 2x
Westvleteren Eight – 2x
Westvleteren Blonde – 2x

For every $10 donated, you will receive an entry in the raffle. In order to participate, make your donation on the site that has been set up: http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/o-s-big-fight-/117602

Do not make your donation anonymous if you want to participate in the raffle. We need to be able to see it. Next, send an email to 4owen@young.us with your name, your BA/RB/BT handle, and the amount that you donated.

The cutoff for Round III will be on August 4 at 11:59:59pm MDT. As always, please consider sharing this with your beer and non-beer friends to help Super-O in his fight against Leukemia.

Cheers,
Friends of Matt Meyer

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 12:26 Fri 7/4/2014

Wow, glad to see this again. I loved the video of Super Owen doing the drawing. Just donated!

User287050
beers 20 º places 2 º 18:16 Sun 7/6/2014

What a nice way to help out, very happy to donate, best of luck to you.

Forgetfu
06:49 Thu 7/10/2014

I’m running around Europe this week. I’ll reply to all of the messages when i get back to the states! Thanks for all of your support so far this round.

atxdelivery
beers 30 º 10:28 Thu 7/10/2014

Is this still going on?? Very good cause!

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 10:34 Thu 7/10/2014

A uk resident so won’t be able to contribute but I hope this goes well and you receive good funds to help with the healthcare.

Red98humv
21:19 Fri 7/11/2014

Originally posted by atxdelivery
Is this still going on?? Very good cause!

Looks like cutoff is August 4th

Forgetfu
02:28 Sat 7/12/2014

Originally posted by tdtm82
A uk resident so won’t be able to contribute but I hope this goes well and you receive good funds to help with the healthcare.

You are absolutely welcome to you if you’d like. We will ship winning boxes overseas.

The only problem is that youcaring.com won’t accept some overseas donations. But we can work around that with things like paypal.

Forgetfu
13:30 Thu 7/17/2014

Bump

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 13:52 Thu 7/17/2014

Heads up that there seems to be a stray period at the end of your link to the donation page that’s breaking the link.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer