Mystery Box Trade

Reads 12976 • Replies 163 • Started Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:22:09 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:13 Mon 11/10/2014

Originally posted by nimbleprop
Originally posted by MacBoost
This thread is great entertainment!

What’s kind of sad is how many negative stereotypes of new traders/new members are being reinforced right now. Actually does the site and the forum more harm than good.

The long-time, regular trader is the one at fault here though. Or at least the one solely responsible for the response here.

You seem to be completely ignoring that.

nimbleprop
beers 15473 º places 134 º 12:23 Mon 11/10/2014

Originally posted by TheAlum

What’s kind of sad is how many negative stereotypes of new traders/new members are being reinforced right now. Actually does the site and the forum more harm than good.

The long-time, regular trader is the one at fault here though. Or at least the one solely responsible for the response here.

Mike erred in his judgement. No question. He was piled on for good reason. I hope he’s seen the error. Does Mike’s past mistake justify the blatant trolling we’ve seen this afternoon?

And beyond the trolling is the attitude summed up when he wrote the following, "I don’t intend on trading for very long so I don’t really care if I get a bad rep or whatever." That’s the attitude that scares almost all of us when dealing with traders with no feedback.

alexsdad06
beers 17990 º places 78 º 12:46 Mon 11/10/2014

Mike could have sent a private message, but there was another new trader and in my opinion was just stating for emphasis the expectations for the group trade that he organized. He also took on the responsibility for one of the new traders.

"My box arrived from brannpop. A note to the rest of senders PLEASE do not send beer that is a shelf beer in your targets area."

This is hardly calling someone out in an insulting way unless that person is being overly sensitive. I disagree completely that Mike is at fault here and am forgetting nothing. The response by brannpop was childish and served no purpose other than to incite something where it should have been over. In fact, that response is typical of the younger crowd on another site that I refuse to even look at anymore.

michcam8
beers 593 º places 34 º 12:58 Mon 11/10/2014

brannpop
13:11 Mon 11/10/2014

Mike erred in his judgement. No question. He was piled on for good reason. I hope he’s seen the error. Does Mike’s past mistake justify the blatant trolling we’ve seen this afternoon?

And beyond the trolling is the attitude summed up when he wrote the following, "I don’t intend on trading for very long so I don’t really care if I get a bad rep or whatever." That’s the attitude that scares almost all of us when dealing with traders with no feedback.

Taking my words out of context it looks like I’m here to randomly start sh*t for no reason. That was in response to the comments about integrating into this community, etc.

Interesting how the ones coming to Mike’s defense said nothing about what he posted at the time. Ironic that what people are complaining about in my first post this afternoon were mike’s words. Double standard?

Also, the idea that mike was just "reminding" others not to send shelf beer and not calling me out....lol!

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 13:41 Mon 11/10/2014

Mike is a good trader and I called him out earlier in this thread for being a dickhead and standby what I said. However, coming back and throwing this shit out is childish. Mike took his beating. He doesn’t have to apologize, its fucking beer and an online forum. You look like an ass clown for coming back at him (and I’m on your side)

brannpop
14:02 Mon 11/10/2014

Look like an ass clown for coming back at him? Probably, lol. Couldn’t help myself when I saw that he, like I did, sent a Bruery beer to someone who is in an area with full bruery distribution. Yes, it’s fucking beer and an online forum. I won’t be offering any apologies either (well, except to those in this trade who have nothing to do with this and took no sides...sorry)

alexsdad06
beers 17990 º places 78 º 14:14 Mon 11/10/2014

There is a big difference between Tart of Darkness which likely saw distribution in some form to many accounts the carry Bruery beers across the country and Atomic Kangarue which was a Reserve/Hoarders Society beer. It is this point I think you are missing. In many cases the year round and even seasonal beers from many breweries just sit on shelves because many people are after new and unique experiences. This is the difference between people that trade regularly and care about what they send to others and those that don’t.

alexsdad06
beers 17990 º places 78 º 14:21 Mon 11/10/2014

Oh, I almost forgot with all of this activity that my box from sledutah landed. Included were:

Squatters 25th Anniversary Barley wine
Squatters Barrel of Russians
Squatters Root Cellar
Wasatch Switch
Full Sail BB Black Gold RIS
Real Ale Sisyphus
Westy 8

A great selection from Craig. Thanks!

brannpop
14:27 Mon 11/10/2014

Originally posted by alexsdad06
There is a big difference between Tart of Darkness which likely saw distribution in some form to many accounts the carry Bruery beers across the country and Atomic Kangarue which was a Reserve/Hoarders Society beer. It is this point I think you are missing. In many cases the year round and even seasonal beers from many breweries just sit on shelves because many people are after new and unique experiences. This is the difference between people that trade regularly and care about what they send to others and those that don’t.

I understand what you’re saying. I was just explaining what finally set me off. And does reserve/hoarders mean it’s only available to those members? If so, that’s not true as I see it on shelves all over the place.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer