Mystery Box Trade

Reads 12956 • Replies 163 • Started Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:22:09 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

brannpop
15:52 Thu 10/30/2014

It’s cool. I totally understand. I’d be bummed if I got stuff that was local shelf beer to me, too. So you’re good with 3 of the beers, all the others (even if they are available to you) have to count for something, so I’ll send a couple more and make sure they’re not readily available in your area. Hopefully, that’ll make it right.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 19:21 Thu 10/30/2014

Originally posted by mikem409
Originally posted by TheHOFF43
Originally posted by ICEatALAMO
Originally posted by DrewFace
Seems like it woulda be ræl fucken chill to just let a bro live, maybe send him a private BM or BM only the members involved in the BIF, rather than publicly call him out, especially being a new trader. justsayin

This thread is only for those who participated so please leave.

Its also beer trade forum so don’t the not thread shitting rules still applicable.

I’m pretty sure every thread on Ratebeer is public. Not positive, but pretty sure.

So are the not calling out member rules applicable? Your original post was a dickheaded move and you know it. You’ve traded a lot, you’ve traded with me a few times and its gone great but rather than publically shaming a dude just message him and deal with it.

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 05:20 Fri 10/31/2014

Originally posted by ICEatALAMO
Originally posted by DrewFace
Seems like it woulda be ræl fucken chill to just let a bro live, maybe send him a private BM or BM only the members involved in the BIF, rather than publicly call him out, especially being a new trader. justsayin

This thread is only for those who participated so please leave.

Its also beer trade forum so don’t the not thread shitting rules still applicable.

I’m pretty sure every thread on Ratebeer is public. Not positive, but pretty sure.

So are the not calling out member rules applicable? Your original post was a dickheaded move and you know it. You’ve traded a lot, you’ve traded with me a few times and its gone great but rather than publically shaming a dude just message him and deal with it.

I messaged him in private as soon as i opened the box, where is he being shammed in public? can you please point that out/

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 05:31 Fri 10/31/2014

Sender is aware of the mistake, its been handled, nobody is butthurt except the few folks who find the need to intervene in any little event on ratebeer even when it has zero to do with them.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 06:19 Fri 10/31/2014

My box arrived from brannpop. A note to the rest of senders PLEASE do not send beer that is a shelf beer in your targets area.

Mike--this is basically telling everyone "brannpop messed up, sent me beers I can get on shelves nearby"

If you disagree then you don’t understand words very well.

bigda83
beers 854 º places 42 º 06:30 Fri 10/31/2014

I wasn’t involved in this, but like the idea of mystery box trades and local swaps that are done on here. I will say, seekabrew isn’t always helpful. It hasn’t been updated since July and is off on some stuff. For example, I get tons of Westbrook in NY. In the one local swap I did, I went by the person’s ticks/ratings and didn’t use seekabrew. Some stuff I sent was from breweries they had rated beers from, just not that specific beer, so I’m sure they had access to them, but I live in a small area with limited options and have to tavel an hour to a bigger city when I buy stuff (so many beers I’m excited to see there are probably shelf turds to others). I also traveled out of state and picked up stuff from smaller breweries that I figured they hadn’t tried before and it worked out and he seemed happy. Sometimes it’s hard in these were it’s not a FT and ISO type of deal and you’re just sending randoms hoping a person enjoys it. Sounds like everything is working out here and can’t wait to see the posts of other hauls. I always enjoy reading the cool boxes people send in these. Sorry for intruding and adding input. Cheers.

ICEatALAMO
beers 1366 º places 18 º 12:15 Fri 10/31/2014

Got my box from StefanSD:

Mother Earth Brewing - Boo Koo
Stone - Fyodor’s Classic
Caldera Brewing - Mogli
Almanac - Heirloom Pumpkin Barleywine
Bear Republic - Racer X
Coronado & Cigar City Colab - Jurata

Good box man, excited to try them all! Cheers!

Mike, thanks for organizing this BIF

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 16:14 Fri 10/31/2014

Got my Box from Beermann today and holy crap what a fine box it is:

Foothills BA Sexual Chocolate
East End Toaster 9th Anniv Imperial stout
East End Smokestack Heritage Porter
DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus chocolate peanut butter porter
Wicked Weed Serenity
Hop Farm One Nut Brown

Thanks a million and thanks for the happy Halloween.

...and, Cheers to mike for putting this together.

Wittales
beers 762 º places 92 º 19:18 Sat 11/1/2014

Received my beer haul from Nimbleprop. Thx looks beautiful.

Port Brewing Co.- Party Boat
DC Brau- The Corruption
Bell’s- Mars
Finch’s Beer Co.-Secert Stache Stout
Hardwood Park- Great Return & Raspberry Stout
Bluejacket- Forbidden Plant
The Bruery- Einder’s Folly

bytemesis
beers 15367 º places 1601 º 23:07 Sat 11/1/2014

I need to get moving! Haven’t even boxed up yet. Monday is my plan...

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer