New in October

Reads 3370 • Replies 43 • Started Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:01:09 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HomeBrewHawk
beers 464 º places 22 º 11:01 Wed 10/19/2011

Nectar Ales Black Xantus on the Missouri side.

theisti
beers 5288 º places 1153 º 19:06 Wed 10/19/2011

Saw Lagunitas Czech Style Pilsner on both KS and MO sides today. Love that beer, and hadn’t seen it in market previously.

csbosox
beers 1229 º places 13 º 19:45 Wed 10/19/2011

Originally posted by theisti
Saw Lagunitas Czech Style Pilsner on both KS and MO sides today. Love that beer, and hadn’t seen it in market previously.

I picked up a little bit over the weekend. Good, but I remember it being better?

theisti
beers 5288 º places 1153 º 20:17 Wed 10/19/2011

Originally posted by csbosox

I picked up a little bit over the weekend. Good, but I remember it being better?

May not be that fresh, I guess. Or your sucky tastebuds suck.

csbosox
beers 1229 º places 13 º 04:42 Thu 10/20/2011

Hard to believe it is not fresh. I’ll let you know again when I finish the sixer I bought.

Indra
beers 2711 º places 78 º 11:05 Thu 10/20/2011

Lagunitas does date their bottles. The code is printed on the bottle neck/shoulder, and the first three digits are the date on the Julian calendar (1 number of each day of the year, so Jan. 1st would be 001, December 31st would be 365).

I think I’ll take them up on their offer to call them here soon and mention how I tend to prefer the Gregorian calendar when it comes to dates.

HomeBrewHawk
beers 464 º places 22 º 14:20 Thu 10/20/2011

On the Missouri Side:
Nebraska Barrel Aged Hop God ($20/ouch)
Founders Backwoods Bastard and Breakfast Stout

jtrockchalk
17:02 Fri 10/21/2011

Originally posted by HomeBrewHawk
On the Missouri Side:
Nebraska Barrel Aged Hop God ($20/ouch)
Founders Backwoods Bastard and Breakfast Stout

Have you seen BB in bottles or just on draught?

Indra
beers 2711 º places 78 º 17:22 Fri 10/21/2011

Originally posted by jtrockchalk
Have you seen BB in bottles or just on draught?

Its out in bottles, but in such limited quantities that you have to ask the store for it, from what I hear. It’s one of those "secret stealth ultra beer geek" beers.

That’s really getting old, IMO. If you’re not part of the "secret club", you don’t even know to friggin’ ask for it.

Just put the shit on the shelf and label it "1 per customer", for god’s sake.

Gregis
beers 1281 º places 24 º 06:14 Sat 10/22/2011

Originally posted by csbosox

May not be that fresh, I guess. Or your sucky tastebuds suck.

Too funny. I posted this about 2 weeks ago in the "New in September" thread: (Yeah, I need to look at the calendar occasionally.)

"I’m not sure if I missed the post about this hitting town, but I went to Lukas MO for the first time in... forever. There, staring at me from an end-cap, was Lagunitas Pils. [cheers!]

I am a happy camper. I believe a few of you are also fans (Chris & Tim).

Ever since Lagunitas started distributing in KC, this was the one I’d been waiting for... [party]"

I’d have to agree with Chris. I like it, but I remember it being much better than the batch I picked up at Lukas. (No date stamps anywhere on my packaging, Eric.)

HomeBrewHawk
beers 464 º places 22 º 08:10 Sat 10/22/2011

Originally posted by Indra

Its out in bottles, but in such limited quantities that you have to ask the store for it, from what I hear. It’s one of those "secret stealth ultra beer geek" beers.

That’s really getting old, IMO. If you’re not part of the "secret club", you don’t even know to friggin’ ask for it.

Just put the shit on the shelf and label it "1 per customer", for god’s sake.

Royal, Lukas and sometimes Gomers post beer releases on Facebook and Twitter. It’s not a secret. That being said, I don’t like the keeping it behind the counter thing either. Are you afraid you might actually sell something?