New in October

Reads 3369 • Replies 43 • Started Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:01:09 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JohnF
16:59 Tue 11/1/2011

So, Royal has this Leinenkugal Imperial Stout and you have to ask for it at the counter. When Miller beers are getting the super rare (get on a list/ask at the counter/blow the manager) treatment, have the stores jumped the shark? I guess you could do the same with BCS and that would be an Inbev beer but Leinenkugal ain’t GI and Miller has owned them longer than any of us have been drinking.

Bobbydigi
places 1 º 18:18 Tue 11/1/2011

Kick and Clutch should finally be out on the Kansas side tomorrow. Glazers only got 32 cases so it will be slim pickins across the state.

beastiefan2k
beers 5020 º places 294 º 19:31 Tue 11/1/2011

Originally posted by JohnF
So, Royal has this Leinenkugal Imperial Stout and you have to ask for it at the counter. When Miller beers are getting the super rare (get on a list/ask at the counter/blow the manager) treatment, have the stores jumped the shark? I guess you could do the same with BCS and that would be an Inbev beer but Leinenkugal ain’t GI and Miller has owned them longer than any of us have been drinking.

if you are talking about Big Eddy, that is a really good beer (or at least the previous batch was, that was a few years ago).

JohnF
20:45 Tue 11/1/2011

Sure, but there are hundreds of good beers. Why not make a big deal over Blue Moon Grand Cru next time that comes out?

hwwty4
beers 1 º places 1 º 09:05 Wed 11/2/2011

Because Blue Moon Grand Cru sucks. Next question.

theisti
beers 5288 º places 1153 º 09:11 Wed 11/2/2011

I have no earthly idea why I am rising to the bait on this, but here goes.....

Royal jumped the shark? For the first time in years, they are consistently informing the consumer of new beers (both limited and general release) and they have taken strides to clean up their store. Block out the sunlight in the eastern wall, and you have the best bottle shop in KC proper.

So they have a defined and communicated process to deal with limited beer releases? That’s more than I see from other stores, and I really am failing to see where the issue is.

Get on a list? True, sign up for twitter or facebook. Blow the manager? Please.

John, would you prefer no notifications and just sort of slide it out on the floor?

beastiefan2k
beers 5020 º places 294 º 13:22 Wed 11/2/2011

Originally posted by theisti
I have no earthly idea why I am rising to the bait on this, but here goes.....

Royal jumped the shark? For the first time in years, they are consistently informing the consumer of new beers (both limited and general release) and they have taken strides to clean up their store. Block out the sunlight in the eastern wall, and you have the best bottle shop in KC proper.

So they have a defined and communicated process to deal with limited beer releases? That’s more than I see from other stores, and I really am failing to see where the issue is.

Get on a list? True, sign up for twitter or facebook. Blow the manager? Please.

John, would you prefer no notifications and just sort of slide it out on the floor?

I do not think there is a win win any way you look at it.

But I agree that the sun needs to be blocked out. Cork and Barrel on 23rd in Lawrence has done a great job. The beer sits in a corner away from any windows. On top of that, there is a motion sensor light that is off if no one is in the area.

theisti
beers 5288 º places 1153 º 13:58 Wed 11/2/2011

Originally posted by theisti
......... eastern wall ......

Meant Northern wall.

JohnF
14:12 Wed 11/2/2011

I like the notifications though I would prefer they just keep a fairly current beer list like a number of stores do (though I’ve learned my lesson on expecting stores in KC to offer the same level of service as those on the West Coast).

It’s the seemingly arbitrary decisions on which beers are too special to be put on the floor. Leinenkugal stout, behind the counter. Fantome, right out on the shelf. Seems silly. Of course there is probably more demand for Leinenkugal stout than Fantome among KC beer geeks and that is the true benefit of living here so I should just be happy.

Smeef
15:33 Wed 11/2/2011

John, this is Brad, the beer manager for Royal. Leinenkugal Big Eddy RIS is behind the counter because it was allocated to us. We received 2 cases. Fantome is on the shelf because I can buy multiple cases when it is available & demand is indeed lower. In the end there is no perfect system or way to please everyone, but feel free to contact me directly if you feel you have an issue, I am here to make the store better. As for the windows on the Northern wall, I couldn’t agree more. I can assure everyone I have been fighting that battle for 10 months now. Not everything is as simple as it sounds & unfortunately I do not own Royal. I am however confident that the tide is turning in my favor & the issue will be resolved. To everyone that has made Royal a regular stop, thank you & again feel free to contact me. I will do my best to keep improving our stores. Cheers!