Pet peeves on RateBeer

Reads 5035 • Replies 87 • Started Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:32:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jamestulloch
beers 8647 º places 10 º 18:32 Tue 9/6/2016

I love RateBeer. But it has it’s quirks. Post your little annoyances here. Consider it group therapy. I’ll get the ball rolling...

The use of ’meh’ at any point in a review.

The RateBeer robot ’oops’.

Noticing when a beer with 100+ Untappd reviews has yet to be added to RateBeer.

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 18:51 Tue 9/6/2016

Gary.

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 19:17 Tue 9/6/2016

I just rated a cider. Hey, a tick is a tick! But this is RateBeer, not RateCider.

All anyone really needs to say in any review is one of the four following:
FUCKINGGOOD
GOOD
SHITE
FUCKINGSHITE

anything else is blather

bytemesis
beers 15357 º places 1601 º 19:41 Tue 9/6/2016

That half of all new lagers being made are hopped to the gills with new world hops and we have yet to make IPL a style.

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 19:43 Tue 9/6/2016

Originally posted by Strykzone
I just rated a cider. Hey, a tick is a tick! But this is RateBeer, not RateCider.

Back in the day, we used to rate Sake and malt beverages (Smirnoff Ice was a whale). Ticks were definitely ticks.

-Self serving beer raters (minimal effort to actually describe/evaluate the beer).
-People who don’t rate places, or rate places without text, or people who give minimal effort when they do include text.
-Not tagging beers, or adding photos when practically able.
-Not adding beer descriptions, ditto to the above.
-Homers. All of them. No matter where they’re from.
-Not being able to appreciate a beer if it isn’t hoppy/sour/funky/barrel-aged.
-Reading a beer review, and wondering if the person rating has ever read anything about the style of beer they are drinking, has any appreciation for it’s origin, etc.- especially if it’s not hoppy/sour/funky/barrel-aged. ("It’s malty. Not hoppy. Me not like.")
-And, to end with a little self-deprecation, jerks who judge their own beer experience as superior because they think they’re informed about all of the above, or that avoiding all of the above somehow makes them superior.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 20:11 Tue 9/6/2016

Taking bier too seriously

Holding bier as having any sort of real /value (falls into #1)

footbalm
beers 1219 º places 76 º 20:13 Tue 9/6/2016

Thread shitting is the worse thing that has happened to Ratebeer, You absolutely can’t start a forum thread without the usual assholes turning it from the intended topic to something ridiculous.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 20:18 Tue 9/6/2016

Having to zoom in and out to make the site usable from my phone. Really annoying since no other site I visit requires this

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 20:19 Tue 9/6/2016

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
Having to zoom in and out to make the site usable from my phone. Really annoying since no other site I visit requires this

Only happens with pics on iPhone