RBESG 2014

Reads 9090 • Replies 107 • Started Monday, January 6, 2014 1:06:53 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

caesar
beers 7642 º places 411 º 07:26 Wed 2/26/2014

Isnt there also the London Craft Beer Festival again, 14-16th August?

Scopey
beers 24184 º places 727 º 07:30 Wed 2/26/2014

Originally posted by caesar
Isnt there also the London Craft Beer Festival again, 14-16th August?
Indeed there is. So much beer, so little time....

HenrikSoegaard
beers 20702 º places 691 º 10:57 Wed 2/26/2014

If august it is; I cant make it. Sorry.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 11:55 Wed 2/26/2014

Originally posted by Scopey
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by Benzai
Lets bump this up again. Any news?

I’d pretty much take it as a given that it will be from the evening of Thurs 14th August through to Saturday 16th August, maybe something on Sunday 17th August but aware that folks are likely to head home on this day.
Is there no chance that we can do it the weekend BEFORE GBBF (i.e. 8th -11th Aug range)? This would allow people to hit as much of GBBF they want after the event instead of "competing" with it.

That sounds sensible. Also allows for RBESG happenings to extend into the pre-GBBF Monday for those who are around.

joes
beers 93 º places 9 º 02:24 Mon 3/10/2014

Any news from the London-crew ?

Leighton
beers 33717 º places 1204 º 02:42 Mon 3/10/2014

Guys,

First of all, sorry for dragging our heels. Rest assured, we are working on sorting out the timeline. We thought we had it nailed down (for the weekend after GBBF) but now we are thinking the weekend before makes more sense.

The main reason is this: in addition to GBBF, there is a festival called the London Craft Beer Festival (LCBF), which will run from the Thursday of GBBF until the Saturday. To have RBESG at the same time would make it more difficult to have involvement from London brewers because many of them will be involved with the LCBF (staff on hand to serve, staff attending, sorting out logistics, etc.).

The pre-GBBF weekend is typically when chriso hosts his Shindig. Having communicated with Chris he says he would not object to forgoing the tasting as his place if there are too many people attending RBESG, in which case we would find a larger, more suitable venue.

We will try to have the definitive timeline out in the coming days. For now, it looks like the pre-GBBF weekend will be the RBESG weekend, Thursday - Sunday with more events on the Monday if people are around.

Ideally, people coming to London for RBESG would be able to hang around into the next week to enjoy at least some of GBBF. Tuesday - the first day of GBBF - is often considered the best day to attend because a part of it is a ’Trade Session’ so the crowds aren’t that bad. And all the beers have just gone on so the selection is spectacular.

Thanks for your patience everyone. Trust me when I say we want to have this settled ASAP.

Cheers,

Leighton

Leighton
beers 33717 º places 1204 º 02:47 Mon 3/10/2014

Additionally, some RBians have noted they would want to attend most (if not all) sessions of GBBF, and some might want to attend LCBF. By having RBESG precede but not overlap these festivals, anyone who wants to can attend RBESG and then stay on for as much of the following week’s events as they wish while not missing out on any of the RBESG fun (and believe me, it will be fun).

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 05:03 Mon 3/10/2014

Having spoken to Leighton about this, the event looks ace. I am however pulling out of the organisation as I simply dont have the time. I will help in anyway, but I know Leighton will put on an amazing event.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 05:26 Mon 3/10/2014

Yes the amended timings are better for me as the last time we did it the other way round, by the time we got to the Sunday Grand Tasting I was all beered out what with the Shindig, GBBF then RBESG. Doing RBESG then GBBF makes more sense to me even though we’d have to forego the amazing Chriso Shindig.

Less chance of ceilings falling on people is also a benefit.

Niall73
beers 2623 º places 2 º 10:52 Mon 3/10/2014

This sounds great. Happy to help in any way I can.

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone