RBSG Winner!

Reads 11016 • Replies 90 • Started Monday, November 9, 2009 3:30:40 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TURDFERGUSON
beers 4067 º places 154 º 09:52 Tue 11/10/2009

Originally posted by eclectic
Originally posted by TURDFERGUSON
Originally posted by Dickinsonbeer
Originally posted by Cletus
Originally posted by j12601
23-26 is probably a no go for me as well. The weekend earlier might work, but if we end up getting into the program we’re trying for, we leave the country from NYC on the 24th.

23-26 might conflict with BCTC.

It is a possibility, although the last few years it has been first weekend in August. I think at this point if it did conflict with bctc I would be about 50/50.

B/C of budget/work issues, I probably will end up choosing RBSG over BCTC this year. Sad, cuz I love that fest. We’ll see though...

whoa there guys.. you would both bail on bctc? I’m disappointed.. I thought more highly of you guys.. ahh well

Nothing is set in stone kevin. I was just thinking out loud, but it is hard for me to take off that much time from work a few weekends in a row. BCTC is always one of the highlights of my year but the opportunity to meet new folks and visit some new breweries I like is hard to pass up as well. We shall see. I’d Love to be able to do both.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 21:43 Tue 11/10/2009

So who wants to set up a carpool for someone that will be flying into either (from the sounds of it) Chicago or Detroit?

BeerVirgin72
beers 880 º places 97 º 02:59 Wed 11/11/2009

Congrats Michigan!!!

I will finally get to participate in my first RBSG!!!

WOO HOO!!!

BeerVirgin72
beers 880 º places 97 º 03:03 Wed 11/11/2009

Keep in mind that there will probably be groups of Ratebeerians traveling from nearby states as well...So you may be able to fly in cheaper to one of those locations and car pool...

We will be driving from Columbus, and I am sure there will be a group going from Cleveland...

Not sure if those flights are any cheaper but definitely other options to consider...

HopheadHans
beers 804 º places 17 º 07:17 Wed 11/11/2009

Congrats. I did not vote since I was not sure I could attend, but I will make every effort to make it.

H

Originally posted by Papsoe
Originally posted by SuIIy
What are the official dates?

July 23.-26. - but not set in stone yet.

HailSquishface
beers 16 º places 10 º 11:01 Wed 11/11/2009

Originally posted by t0rin0
So who wants to set up a carpool for someone that will be flying into either (from the sounds of it) Chicago or Detroit?

I’m not 100% sure what my plans are right now, but I might be able to drive a couple people from Detroit to GR. I might not head out there until Saturday for the brewery tour bus though.

northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 06:49 Wed 11/25/2009

Just a little update. The entire crew that worked on the proposal will be meeting out in Grand Rapids at HopCat on Dec 17th for the Short’s event and to hammer out some more final plans regarding hotels, a more set itinerary, etc.... After we meet, I’ll start a new thread with the information and various travel options since it might be cheaper (or work out better) for some to fly into Detroit Metro airport, Lansing, etc... instead of flying directly into Grand Rapids.

If I have any updates before we meet I’ll let you know.

Cheers, Jeff

willblake
beers 2654 º places 81 º 07:02 Wed 11/25/2009

Originally posted by Dickinsonbeer
Originally posted by Cletus
Originally posted by j12601
23-26 is probably a no go for me as well. The weekend earlier might work, but if we end up getting into the program we’re trying for, we leave the country from NYC on the 24th.

23-26 might conflict with BCTC.

It is a possibility, although the last few years it has been first weekend in August. I think at this point if it did conflict with bctc I would be about 50/50.

Baseball HOF induction is Sunday July 25th, so BCTC won’t be that weekend. Most likely the weekend after, like Paul said.

MaltOMeal
beers 1094 º places 46 º 07:08 Wed 11/25/2009

An example of RB benevolence. Anything to help the Michigan economy.

I looked into flights on Orbitz for those dates. The results for Continental said "Act Fast! Only 5 more seats!" It’s eight months out and the plane is almost booked.

northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 11:53 Mon 12/14/2009

Originally posted by northernbrews
Just a little update. The entire crew that worked on the proposal will be meeting out in Grand Rapids at HopCat on Dec 17th for the Short’s event and to hammer out some more final plans regarding hotels, a more set itinerary, etc.... After we meet, I’ll start a new thread with the information and various travel options since it might be cheaper (or work out better) for some to fly into Detroit Metro airport, Lansing, etc... instead of flying directly into Grand Rapids.

If I have any updates before we meet I’ll let you know.

Cheers, Jeff

Still have our meeting planned this Thursday so look for a new thread on Friday or soon after.

Cheers, Jeff