Recommended Belgian beers

Reads 3685 • Replies 48 • Started Thursday, July 2, 2015 9:03:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 08:08 Fri 7/3/2015

Alternatively De La Senne Toccalmatto collaboration is incredible and also Tilquin is a must. Bring Pierre a Kernel IPA and he’ll be happy. Also Rodenbach Caractère Rouge is a beer which should be in the top 100 but isn’t.

Zupastan
beers 160 º places 22 º 08:56 Fri 7/3/2015

If you can find it: De Leite Cuvée Soeur’ise and Cuvée Jeune Homme, 3 Fonteinen Intense Red and most of Dochter van de Korenaar (Embrasse, Extase, Belle-Fleur, Charbon ...). Also as mentioned before Tilquin (Quetsche is really good in my opinion), Charactère Rouge, some Struise (Black Albert, Cuvée Delphine, Pannepot, Ypres ...). Brasserie du Brabant (new brewery) has a nice session DIPA, Origame 4. Zipacna from Totem and Inglorious Quad from Inglorious Brew Stars are also very good. The last one should be available in supermarkets. Good luck!

harrisoni
beers 25367 º places 68 º 10:10 Fri 7/3/2015

Girardin Kriekenlambic at La Fleur en Papier Doree in Brussels. Its in a box in the cellar behind the bar and you sometimes have to insist on it but its lovely.
Otherwise de la Senne are good

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 16:37 Fri 7/3/2015

Originally posted by tdtm82
Alternatively De La Senne Toccalmatto collaboration is incredible and also Tilquin is a must. Bring Pierre a Kernel IPA and he’ll be happy. Also Rodenbach Caractère Rouge is a beer which should be in the top 100 but isn’t.

Pierre tilquin? deffo agree about caractere

harrisoni
beers 25367 º places 68 º 17:43 Fri 7/3/2015

Originally posted by Beersiveknown

Yeah I thought we had got over dropping names with that thread about naming London brewers, but clearly we haven’t. Or some people don’t understand irony. If it makes them happy, then who am I to criticise?

La Brocante on the corner of the flea market has a fridge of lambic which whilst not especially cheap or rare is pretty decent, but look out for the specials board, as sometimes they have a few beers that have only a few rates, or are new. I still find the 80 beers to drink around Brussels book to be a good guide.
http://www.ratebeer.com/p/nuetnigenough/15910/
can often throw up something different if not, then the standards are done well here. And the food is excellent. Check out the weird picture of the girl on a blokes knee on the way down to the toilet. Most troubling.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 16:44 Mon 7/20/2015

Originally posted by harrisoni

Yeah I thought we had got over dropping names with that thread about naming London brewers, but clearly we haven’t. Or some people don’t understand irony. If it makes them happy, then who am I to criticise?

La Brocante on the corner of the flea market has a fridge of lambic which whilst not especially cheap or rare is pretty decent, but look out for the specials board, as sometimes they have a few beers that have only a few rates, or are new. I still find the 80 beers to drink around Brussels book to be a good guide.
http://www.ratebeer.com/p/nuetnigenough/15910/
can often throw up something different if not, then the standards are done well here. And the food is excellent. Check out the weird picture of the girl on a blokes knee on the way down to the toilet. Most troubling.
cheers Ian, great info!

Keep ’em coming

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 16:51 Mon 7/20/2015

Originally posted by harrisoni

My thoughts exactly, it makes me chuckle though.

evergreen0199
beers 5930 º 16:58 Mon 7/20/2015

Can’t go wrong with Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux, superb every time.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 09:04 Mon 8/17/2015

Originally posted by evergreen0199
Can’t go wrong with Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux, superb every time.

Yes a great beer, and we’re visiting the brewery next Thursday so hopefully can drink at source

Any more for any more? I’ve my fingers crossed for finding blaeber at Cantillon but think the boats already sailed...

jorge76
beers 24 º places 452 º 09:13 Mon 8/17/2015

Originally posted by Fin
Taras Boulba, simple not flashy but brilliant.

I really love it .. I’ve got it here on tap last week and run out in few hours !!