Recommended Belgian beers

Reads 3683 • Replies 48 • Started Thursday, July 2, 2015 9:03:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BlackHaddock
beers 15469 º places 1056 º 09:33 Mon 8/17/2015

Visit De Bierboom on Lange Straat in Brugge: always has some interesting new beers at keen prices. Well worth the walk out to it.

I know Rudy and Christine his wife very well, but I’ll not mention it on here!

<*))))))><

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 14:54 Mon 8/17/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Visit De Bierboom on Lange Straat in Brugge: always has some interesting new beers at keen prices. Well worth the walk out to it.

<*))))))><

...what’s the story?!

marked on map; hopefully find time to get to it

EdKing
beers 3663 º places 307 º 15:27 Mon 8/17/2015

Originally posted by Beersiveknown
Originally posted by evergreen0199
Can’t go wrong with Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux, superb every time.

Yes a great beer, and we’re visiting the brewery next Thursday so hopefully can drink at source

Any more for any more? I’ve my fingers crossed for finding blaeber at Cantillon but think the boats already sailed...

Oooh you lucky git. Saison Dupont is my all top fav beer. Had some on tap in Ghent, but one day I will go to the brewery to taste. Got a case of 12 75l bottles of Saison Dupont at Dranken Geers for 26 Euros and a case of Avec Les Bons Voeux for 34 Euros. Tasted one at the weekend and I am convinced SD is the greatest beer in the world.

BlackHaddock
beers 15469 º places 1056 º 16:02 Mon 8/17/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock

<*))))))><

...what’s the story?!

marked on map; hopefully find time to get to it

Nothing naughty, just didn’t want to appear a name dropper.

<*))))))><

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 16:43 Mon 8/17/2015

Originally posted by EdKing

Yes a great beer, and we’re visiting the brewery next Thursday so hopefully can drink at source

Any more for any more? I’ve my fingers crossed for finding blaeber at Cantillon but think the boats already sailed...

Oooh you lucky git. Saison Dupont is my all top fav beer. Had some on tap in Ghent, but one day I will go to the brewery to taste. Got a case of 12 75l bottles of Saison Dupont at Dranken Geers for 26 Euros and a case of Avec Les Bons Voeux for 34 Euros. Tasted one at the weekend and I am convinced SD is the greatest beer in the world.

just one of many (around 12 breweries) lined up.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 16:44 Mon 8/17/2015

on topic of recommended Belgian beers I’ve added Tim and Joris’s book to tag http://www.ratebeer.com/tag/100-belgian/

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 03:01 Tue 8/18/2015

Wow done 99 of them without realising

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 07:37 Tue 8/18/2015

Originally posted by harrisoni
I still find the 80 beers to drink around Brussels book to be a good guide.

Bless you Ian for saying nice things about a book six years out of date.

But... new edition is out! There were copies at GBBF. Just waiting for the web guy to update booksaboutbeer.com.

Stuu666
beers 28634 º places 492 º 14:23 Tue 8/18/2015

No blaeber at the moment unfortunately. There wasn’t a lot to take away but some nice things to drink there!

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 18:06 Tue 8/25/2015

Originally posted by harrisoni
Girardin Kriekenlambic at La Fleur en Papier Doree in Brussels. Its in a box in the cellar behind the bar and you sometimes have to insist on it but its lovely.
Otherwise de la Senne are good
fab tip! 2 glasses swiftly finished alongside a beersel lambic and zinnebir