The Apprentice

Reads 1996 • Replies 32 • Started Wednesday, May 8, 2013 3:41:01 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 06:27 Thu 5/9/2013

Originally posted by evilempire
Chris, I think that’s exactly it... this was the first episode I’ve ever watched in full, but I get the impression if they had actual entepreneurs with ideas and people skills then they’d get half the ratings - the same theory as why all the reality shows seem to be populated entirely by bellends

I’d love to get Sugar’s (honest) take on the whole thing. Although he’s a bit of a twat himself he’s surely smart enough to know he wouldn’t really want to employ any of those idiots, or invest in a business with them, or whatever he has do for the eventual winner. Perhaps he just sees the publicity and TV exposure as worthwhile trade-off? Or perhaps he’s underwritten / paid enough by the production company to make it worth his while? Or maybe he has a stake in the production company?

I did recently see somewhere that a previous winner failed in a constructive dismissal case after arguing that she was not actually given a proper job to do.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 06:37 Thu 5/9/2013

I’d imagine his appearance fee will be several times the amount he’s promised to ’invest’, then there’s the publicity (though these numpties stretch the ’no such thing as bad publicity’ theory to breaking point!)

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 08:47 Thu 5/9/2013

Originally posted by evergreen0199
I saw about 15 minutes of that dreadful programme, where do they recruit these self absorbed imbeciles? Also noticed some of the Craft Beer Co chaps, is the tall guy Mes and Sim? Think I’ve seen him pulling pints in Craft Islington.

That Peter, mes is Paul and Sim is Simone as they used to have a joint account and never seperated it. And I hate to hear what Mes is going to say when you say you mistook Peter for him! I have realised thast if Peter reads this i’ll get pwnd so i’ll be quiet now.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 08:48 Thu 5/9/2013

I havnt had time to watch the episode yet, which I would have been in had I not been in Turkey at the time. But yes its simply designed to fuck people off.

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 10:14 Thu 5/9/2013

I noticed nobody declined it... I did wonder if there were some surreptitiously-edited-out pubs who told them they’re having a laugh selling synthetic industrial dross as premium beer...

zimbo
beers 1019 º 16:30 Fri 5/10/2013

Sugar owes me one episode of time back.

Gazza
beers 727 º places 167 º 10:59 Sat 5/11/2013

It was a bit weird, but in the programme after the main show Mr Watt looked very uncomfortable and out of place; maybe he prefers to be surrounded by sycophants and lackeys rather than people who may ask him something where he hasn’t rehearsed some "awesome" spiel to reply with? (Although he did manage to say "awesome").

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 12:56 Sat 5/11/2013

There is lots of stuff i miss from the UK, but The Apprentice is not one of them! :) But decided to watch this episode after being told about the "brewing angle" but, oh dear what a waste of time!

duff
beers 5025 º places 40 º 16:44 Sat 5/11/2013

why aren’t there any ratings of these beers on rb? ;-)

madmitch76
beers 36920 º places 240 º 04:00 Sun 5/12/2013

So was this that mysterious ’can’t talk about it’ on at the Craft Clerkenwell months ago? If so what should it be added as?