Tired Hands - Blinded by the Light that Spills

Reads 4761 • Replies 72 • Started Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:54:40 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JAXSON
beers 612 º places 4 º 18:07 Wed 3/20/2013

Originally posted by radarsock
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by daknole
Nice trolling effort Eric. Weak sauce.

Of course it’s weak sauce, Dak. I’m normally the guy who questions threads like this. I’m the one who asks "Why don’t you just rate the freaking beer and move on. Why the hate thread?" Nope, I try to shut these down... and I’ve been pretty effective on several occasions.

I wanted to try something new. I’m always Mr. Nice Guy. I wanted to be the asshole for a change. See what it feels like. Mission accomplished. One more item off my bucket list.

Still, everybody, get back to me on down the road. If there are further releases of this beer and enough ratings are entered, it’s average will be no higher than a 3.7 a year from now... a 3.6 two years from now. Jot that down.

This is one of the stupidest, most meaningless threads I’ve read in a long while, and it’s mostly that the OP seems to be dead serious what he’s saying. This is a prime reason skipping the forums is a good idea. For one, you have all of these highly opinionated Ratebeer veterans; if you disagree with any of their topics, good luck!

But I’m not so sure. I think it was rated highly because people liked it. God forbid that actually were to happen.
Kind of confused honestly. You didn’t like a beer, thought there was lots of hype surrounding it, then made a thread about all that...? Okay? Wouldn’t it be easier to just ask people what they thought of it? You could have said how you disliked it, and wondered what people’s thoughts were, but to get all worked up over its mean score to me is just strange. There are plenty of overrated beers on the database -- why not make a thread for each and every one of them declaring that they are undrinkable? You know why not, because not everyone is going to agree with you. I’d like to try this beer truthfully. I almost never listen to what people express about beer scores these days. I’ll try anything once.

Why the hell are people flipping out over this thread? Threads like these come up all the time. At least it’s beer-related. You really think it’s the stupidest, most meaningless thread ever just because you disagree with it? Scroll through the forum any given day and there will be a dozen threads that are nothing but the face and a bunch of blank responses.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 18:08 Wed 3/20/2013

The fuu face isn’t actually used all that much. I’m also fine with hopscotch not saying that this beer rocks, because not liking a beer can be nice too.

TURDFERGUSON
beers 4067 º places 154 º 18:10 Wed 3/20/2013

Poo poo

JAXSON
beers 612 º places 4 º 18:12 Wed 3/20/2013

Originally posted by TURDFERGUSON
Poo poo

Huu muu

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 19:46 Wed 3/20/2013

Actually, I liked the beer. I just didn’t love it. Hey, here’s how cool this community is. I was just contacted by someone who offered to send me another growler. A 32 oz flip-top instead of a 64 oz format like last time. Supposed to hold up better in the 32 oz format. How awesome is that? Obviously, I’ll definitely be looking for something nice to send him in return:-)

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 20:13 Wed 3/20/2013

And what’s wrong with liking something? Some of my favorite beers that I pound on the regular have come in well under a 5, some under 3.0. I bet I’d take a lot of things I’ve rated under 3.5 in large quality than I would things I’ve rated over 4.0

jredmond
beers 10321 º places 301 º 20:23 Wed 3/20/2013

Originally posted by hopscotch
Actually, I liked the beer. I just didn’t love it. Hey, here’s how cool this community is. I was just contacted by someone who offered to send me another growler. A 32 oz flip-top instead of a 64 oz format like last time. Supposed to hold up better in the 32 oz format. How awesome is that? Obviously, I’ll definitely be looking for something nice to send him in return:-)

Yea, i think depending on the style, certain TH beers dont hold up too well in the large growler formats. I believe jean has even contacted people regarding this.

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 04:08 Thu 3/21/2013

Originally posted by randomgarbage
And what’s wrong with liking something? Some of my favorite beers that I pound on the regular have come in well under a 5, some under 3.0. I bet I’d take a lot of things I’ve rated under 3.5 in large quality than I would things I’ve rated over 4.0

This is usually what happens to me. People ask what my favorite beers are, I rattle of a list of 6 or so ’drinkers’. Then I go look at my ratings for the beers I listed and they fall somewhere around 3.5, I shrug and go about my day.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:00 Thu 3/21/2013

Originally posted by randomgarbage
I bet I’d take a lot of things I’ve rated under 3.5 in large quality than I would things I’ve rated over 4.0

Me too. Absolutely. The drinkability factor. I pound the hell out of cans of Wittekerke on a hot day. I rated that one high. Regardless, it’s probably not even in my Top 1000, but the drinkability is high, so I drink it. Hunahpu? I’ll sip my way through a bottle on a lazy day inside the house while watching sports from my couch, but not too often and I wouldn’t drink it much more often even if I had an endless supply of it. Excellence is high. Drinkability is low.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 12:14 Thu 3/21/2013

I wanna drink this beer side by side with a daisy cutter and see which is more crushable...