Trade Mishap - Input Requested

Reads 3151 • Replies 35 • Started Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:57:58 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 15:40 Fri 4/25/2014

Originally posted by thome50
A few years back I had a box sent to my grandmother’s house as I was going to be in town for Thanksgiving and the beer was to be opened then. Turns out a couple meth heads had just moved in next door and took the box from the Fedex driver. (No signature required. Houses very close so I assume the Fedex driver thought it was fine.)

I didn’t ask or even think that the sender was responsible. He did then go through Fedex and got insurance for the box. With that money he sent another box a few months later even though I said it wasn’t necessary. This was just a local for local trade for the most part though and so not much that couldn’t be replaced. Best of luck getting this worked out.

Would I have any recourse with FedEx over this one? I valued the contents at $100 but I didn’t pay for insurance or anything that I know of.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 15:43 Fri 4/25/2014

Originally posted by OakedCanuck
My buddy Ryan alerted me to this thread (waltersrj).

Let me clarify a few things;

Sorry Colin, this wasn’t supposed to be an major public affair as I didn’t know you were on RB, but I guess it doesn’t matter now.

Thanks for being cool about the whole situation. Hell, you could have easily lied to me and said the box never arrived or that the beers arrived broken.

Will work on trying to make up for it somehow even though no one is at fault, just bad luck.

I really appreciate everyone offering to replace the contents for Colin.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 15:47 Fri 4/25/2014

Originally posted by cquiroga
Good lord, all these damn rules and adamant proclamations about implied culpability on either side... That’s why I don’t trade anymore-- because I don’t want to get into a ridiculous back-and-forth about who was at fault or who owes who what or how I could never hope to replace the bottles I had traded and what now and whatever... Just makes me not want to mess with it all.

That, and I’m flagged with the bad trader alert banhammer...

You’re a known troublemaker, Chris.

thome50
beers 1295 º places 34 º 15:54 Fri 4/25/2014

Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by thome50
A few years back I had a box sent to my grandmother’s house as I was going to be in town for Thanksgiving and the beer was to be opened then. Turns out a couple meth heads had just moved in next door and took the box from the Fedex driver. (No signature required. Houses very close so I assume the Fedex driver thought it was fine.)

I didn’t ask or even think that the sender was responsible. He did then go through Fedex and got insurance for the box. With that money he sent another box a few months later even though I said it wasn’t necessary. This was just a local for local trade for the most part though and so not much that couldn’t be replaced. Best of luck getting this worked out.

Would I have any recourse with FedEx over this one? I valued the contents at $100 but I didn’t pay for insurance or anything that I know of.

My understanding (without much fact to back that up with) is that when you do the "value" of $100 that is insurance. I’m going to message the user who had this issue and see how he resolved this one.

OakedCanuck
16:20 Fri 4/25/2014

Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by OakedCanuck
My buddy Ryan alerted me to this thread (waltersrj).

Let me clarify a few things;

Sorry Colin, this wasn’t supposed to be an major public affair as I didn’t know you were on RB, but I guess it doesn’t matter now.

Thanks for being cool about the whole situation. Hell, you could have easily lied to me and said the box never arrived or that the beers arrived broken.

Will work on trying to make up for it somehow even though no one is at fault, just bad luck.

I really appreciate everyone offering to replace the contents for Colin.

GT, thank you for being so cool. I like to think of myself as an honest person and would never lie about a bad situation. Replacement is not necessary but thanks for looking out. Thank you to anyone else who is offering replacement and if anyone would like to work out a deal, shoot me a message. Thanks again everyone.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer