Why should I use Beer Ticks?

Reads 6426 • Replies 38 • Started Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:20:23 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 19:50 Wed 11/30/2011

Originally posted by Atom
Ticks are also good if you’re too drunk to actually rate a beer, but still want to keep track of it, say if you were at a beer tasting, Beerfest, or just too drunk at a bar. A good example would be this user http://www.ratebeer.com/user/130905/ on 10/28.

I, for one, much prefer people who go to fests, sample 30+ beers, write down a few words, and then fabricate/exaggerate lengthy, florid ratings that they could in no way shape or form possibly remember. Now that’s rating. I honestly get tired of people yelling at short ratings all the time when other people are just liars and inventors.

I don’t mean the person I’m replying to. I didn’t look at his ratings - it just fits the topic.

And obviously the link he provided is not what I’m arguing for. I’m just saying, get off your high horse everyone.

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 23:12 Wed 11/30/2011

Originally posted by drowland
Ticks are also good if you’re too drunk to actually rate a beer, but still want to keep track of it, say if you were at a beer tasting, Beerfest, or just too drunk at a bar. A good example would be this user http://www.ratebeer.com/user/130905/ on 10/28.

I, for one, much prefer people who go to fests, sample 30+ beers, write down a few words, and then fabricate/exaggerate lengthy, florid ratings that they could in no way shape or form possibly remember. Now that’s rating. I honestly get tired of people yelling at short ratings all the time when other people are just liars and inventors.

I don’t mean the person I’m replying to. I didn’t look at his ratings - it just fits the topic.

And obviously the link he provided is not what I’m arguing for. I’m just saying, get off your high horse everyone.

Yeah, well maybe you should do shorter posts. Like instead of fabricating reasons to be all angry.... We know you, we know you’re way too happy to be posting long annoyed posts. You listen here bucko, it’s high time you shorten up them posts.

For example.... here you could have said. "It is what it is, Jack-asses.... kiss my tuba playing a$$"

see how much more effective that is?

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 15:54 Thu 5/17/2012

Indeeed.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 15:56 Thu 5/17/2012

I use it to remember a beer or two and rate by memory.

DocLock
beers 11541 º places 158 º 19:10 Thu 5/17/2012

To me, beer ticks are about as useful as deer ticks.

j12601
beers 14608 º places 583 º 20:44 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by radarsock
Indeeed.

I like the way you bump it. No diggity.

Thanks for the shout out! I had my note pad and marked down ratings for each category while tasting the beers. Did I write a lengthy description for each, no and was honest about it. I have had some of those same beers again and added to the description. For example, you can look at my Pliny rating.

Originally posted by drowland

Agree completely and Atom had no context of my situation (which happened to be Darkness day). Amazing how some people are so concerned about what others are doing. I guess someone died and made him the beer rating czar

xmarcnolanx
beers 945 º places 2 º 21:45 Thu 5/17/2012

I lost some of my ratings from a broken phone: Framboos, Loerik, Bourgogne, etc.... It is easier to just tick it to have some kind of memento of the beers that I tried than to try to recreate a rating out of the ether.

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 22:02 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by j12601
Originally posted by radarsock
Indeeed.

I like the way you bump it. No diggity.

Whammy!