World’s strongest beer - the race is on again!

Reads 3563 • Replies 41 • Started Monday, October 8, 2012 10:20:57 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

beerFool28607
14:29 Sun 12/30/2012

Originally posted by MagicDave6
Originally posted by Jeppe
Originally posted by kappldav123
Some ratings already, almost all say that its hard to imagine that this beer is 65% ABV, more like 20-25% ABV. So unless they finally show some laboratory results, I dont believe that.

agree. but we can not judge one beer if we are not judging the rest. i have had plenty of 20+ beers where i 99,9% sure the abv wasn’t as claimed.

i don’t believe this beer is 65%. and if it is, i dont believe it is done by ice destillation alone. but what can we do about it?

Totally agreed. There is no way this beer is 65%, its 25% if its lucky. Having tasted a good sample of it, it tastes more like the strength of port. Not even the naughtiest 40%ish spirits in the world are as smooth as this, and having had all of the super strength beers which are all fairly harsh, this is no where near them.

Pour a few drops on the table/bar/friend and try to light it on fire? That’ll at least let you know if it’s over ~50%... Laboratory testing? Jeez...