2015 College Football Thread - In Season Edition

Reads 25377 • Replies 342 • Started Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:44:34 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 09:14 Mon 11/30/2015

Originally posted by TheAlum
1 more pick’em week?

They adding the bowls this year or nah?

Ugh... I shit the bed, then quit.
I suck.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 21:43 Mon 11/30/2015

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Sounds like UCF and Cuse are currently battling for Dino Babers, Bowling Green coach. UCF supposedly had a "handshake agreement" in place with Babers yesterday, agreeing to wait until after the MAC Championship Game to make it official. Somehow, the info leaked. Not sure if this may cause an issue that pushes Babers to Cuse?

UCF’s second choice is Greg Schiano. Schiano, from what I hear, wants to be in Florida more than anything.

Richt to Miami, or will he take time off?

I think ’Cuse’s first choice is Scott Frost, Babers is the backup plan.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 22:27 Mon 11/30/2015

Originally posted by adnielsen

Borken picks for this weekend?

Didn’t see this. Was only on FSU this week. Bad week in Pick Em.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 04:00 Tue 12/1/2015

Originally posted by SHIG
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Sounds like UCF and Cuse are currently battling for Dino Babers, Bowling Green coach. UCF supposedly had a "handshake agreement" in place with Babers yesterday, agreeing to wait until after the MAC Championship Game to make it official. Somehow, the info leaked. Not sure if this may cause an issue that pushes Babers to Cuse?

UCF’s second choice is Greg Schiano. Schiano, from what I hear, wants to be in Florida more than anything.

Richt to Miami, or will he take time off?

I think ’Cuse’s first choice is Scott Frost, Babers is the backup plan.

Mizzou has contacted Richt, is this morning’s rumor. No doubt others have too.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:25 Tue 12/1/2015

WHOA!!!

Scott Frost is UCF’s coach. Will be announced today.

He came out of nowhere. As of last night, Schiano had been offered, but was dragging his feet waiting to see what happened with Miami.

Not sure how Frost came about, but according to UCF sources, it is a done deal.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:46 Tue 12/1/2015

Scott Frost is a hot name.. but probably needs more experience before he can bolt for a Power 5 job (Especially the Nebraska one he has been eyeing)

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:50 Tue 12/1/2015

I’d rather have the UCF job (even with few to no recruiting connections) than the Colorado State job he passed up last year though. At least for a few seasons.

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 07:56 Tue 12/1/2015

Originally posted by TheAlum
Scott Frost is a hot name.. but probably needs more experience before he can bolt for a Power 5 job (Especially the Nebraska one he has been eyeing)

That was my worry, he’d come to ’Cuse with the intent to leave in 2/3 years for Nebraska. Plus no recruiting ties to NE.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 08:02 Tue 12/1/2015

This came out of nowhere for us... looks like Schiano was 1A and Frost 1B. Schiano drug his feet, waiting on Miami, so we pulled the trigger on Frost.

I love this hire, though. He’s been at Oregon for the last 7 years, and has worked under A LOT of big names. He recruited Florida for Oregon. He’s young and energetic, just like our new Athletics Director. And...OFFENSE!
Seriously, this couldn’t be bigger change from O’Leary. Even during O’Leary’s winning seasons, he was still boring as hell to watch.

UCF is going to have trouble holding on to a successful coach no matter what. So, might as well jump on with somebody.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:11 Tue 12/1/2015

Scott Frost was lacking offers for P5 coaching job offers because he needs experience in that head coaching role.

This will fulfill that. We’ll see what he can do.