Around Town - February-March 2012

Reads 10706 • Replies 163 • Started Thursday, February 2, 2012 8:36:23 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 08:36 Thu 2/2/2012

Well, we got our forum back, so here goes:

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 13:00 Thu 2/2/2012

Here’s what I’ve found:

Goose Island has it on the schedule for bottling of Gillian (formerly Scully) & Marisol, which were already kind of known about. Also noted is Wheat Whiskey Bourbon County, which was completely news to me. No dates yet, but they are noted...

mowz
16:39 Wed 2/8/2012

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:42 Thu 2/9/2012

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Here’s what I’ve found:

Goose Island has it on the schedule for bottling of Gillian (formerly Scully) & Marisol, which were already kind of known about. Also noted is Wheat Whiskey Bourbon County, which was completely news to me. No dates yet, but they are noted...

I’d take a guess and say we won’t see anymore BCS variants till next fall/winter and possibily delayed into that.. but that’s just a guess (Seems like they are finishing up pushing out an incredible amount of BCS and Variants over the last 2 months).

Scully is intriguing.

Also, they released a video about their first Fulton & Wood release of the year:

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:54 Thu 2/9/2012

I’ve copied info from the other thread over for continuity and to make Carl curmudgeonly.

The next couple weeks of releases from Revolution:

Feb. 8th - Gravedigger Billy, cousin of Willie Wee Heavy aged in Woodford Reserve barrels for 11 months

Feb. 15th - Coup D’Etat, our French-style Saison returns with all those familiar spicy undertones

Feb. 22nd - Rise American Stout, a firm, hoppy stout everybody liked a few months ago so we brewed some more.

Feb. 22nd - TV Party Rye IPA, a crisp, hoppy ale made for drinking

Feb. 29th - Very Mad Cow, the barrel aged version of our Mad Cow milk stout returns. Could there be a better way to celebrate the leap year?

Mar. 7th - Paddy Wagon Irish Stout & Double Fist Double Pale Ale

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:56 Thu 2/9/2012

Haymarket recently tapped Aleister DIPA.

Half Acre is coming out with an English Brown ale called The Hammer, The Bullet & The Vise tomorrow. Draft only.

They also have a Belgian called Cipher in the works.

Dunt
beers 321 º 06:59 Thu 2/9/2012

The only BCS variant they have in the works for this year is Wheat Whiskey correct?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:02 Thu 2/9/2012

Finch Beer to release the following in the near future:

Secret Stache Stout - Stout - 22oz Bottles only (No Draft they indicate - "2 Weeks Out" as of Feb 4th

Altus Gravitas - Barleywine - 22oz Bottles only (No Draft they indicate) - Late March

I believe their Threadless IPA can design was decided on, approved, and will be going into production soon. Which I think is great, I really enjoyed that beer.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:03 Thu 2/9/2012

Also seeing Finch’s Dirtier Bird Doppelbock on the shelves at a few places still. If you haven’t tried it, it’s a nice one.. a bit pricey, but worthy of that FoBAB medal it picked up (How often can you go to the store and buy those??)

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:04 Thu 2/9/2012

Originally posted by Dunt
The only BCS variant they have in the works for this year is Wheat Whiskey correct?

From what the calendar says, it seems so. Though Coffee is listed.. but it’s hard to gauge if that was the release we just saw or another release this coming year.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:05 Thu 2/9/2012

Finally, has anyone been into Piece lately? Anything new? Any oldies but goodies back on? Great news about them finally owning the whole building they are in.