East Coast vs. West Coast

Reads 4862 • Replies 53 • Started Sunday, May 15, 2005 11:35:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

OldGrowth
beers 3472 º places 204 º 20:28 Tue 5/17/2005

I think this shows that in the East it looks like most places have Liquor stores and most grocery/convenience store don’t do much more than BMC, though i’ll see Sam Adams. West coast seems to let more places carry things or the distribution works differently.

willblake
beers 2654 º places 81 º 21:40 Tue 5/17/2005

Originally posted by OldGrowth
I think this shows that in the East it looks like most places have Liquor stores and most grocery/convenience store don’t do much more than BMC, though i’ll see Sam Adams. West coast seems to let more places carry things or the distribution works differently.
No alcohol besides mouthwash and Nyquil in grocery stores in NJ. Only liquor stores which are so-called despite selling liquor, beer, wine, and everything else alcoholic. Liquor stores are rarely open past 10PM, too, because liquor can’t be sold after that. Then you’re stuck with package goods stores which are basically beer and wine depots in some bars. But the prices at these are generally insane and the selection very limited. Moral: In NJ you’ve got to plan ahead if you want to drink good beer. And, unless it’s your first trip to the east coast and you’re traveling by boat, don’t bother coming to my store.

billk
beers 353 º places 60 º 13:25 Wed 5/18/2005

No alcohol besides mouthwash and Nyquil in grocery stores in NJ. Only liquor stores which are so-called despite selling liquor, beer, wine, and everything else alcoholic. Liquor stores are rarely open past 10PM, too, because liquor can’t be sold after that. Then you’re stuck with package goods stores which are basically beer and wine depots in some bars. But the prices at these are generally insane and the selection very limited. Moral: In NJ you’ve got to plan ahead if you want to drink good beer. And, unless it’s your first trip to the east coast and you’re traveling by boat, don’t bother coming to my store.

Revolt! Burn all’em at the steak....then come over to Pennsy with your vigilanties and do the same there.