I’m down to my last 50 bottles of Orval, everybody panic!!!

Reads 5581 • Replies 70 • Started Tuesday, July 21, 2015 4:35:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 08:06 Fri 7/24/2015

Originally posted by harrisoni
Originally posted by fly
Crying as I read this.

Can you save one for me for when I come in August.......

If you are at GBBF I will certainly bring one for you

I am trying to decide whether or not to pack any beers to bring as it can be a pain in the ass as you might know. If I do, please let me know if there is something here I might be able to get you.

ClarkVV
beers 13457 º places 111 º 09:21 Fri 7/24/2015

Originally posted by Gary
Orval is dead .

"Gary is dead." - Orval

CLevar
places 23 º 09:33 Fri 7/24/2015

Originally posted by 77ships
There has been a rumor that Orval has changed & gone down in quality every few months for the last couple of years.
the new brewmaster is a nun vegan . Do your own Math

This. Is. Gold.

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 09:42 Fri 7/24/2015

Originally posted by ClarkVV
Orval is dead .

"Gary is dead." - Orval

"Keith Harris is Dead." - Orville

Travlr
beers 33916 º places 4606 º 09:54 Fri 7/24/2015

Hi. Are we still panicking, or has this problem been solved? I just want to know if I need to build panic into my weekend schedule. I’m thinking Saturday afternoon from 2 to 2:15.

ALLOVATE
beers 3849 º places 111 º 09:58 Fri 7/24/2015

Orval is a variable beer and I have championed it for years as world class on these forums but I am sorry to say every bottle I age these days is either just decent , mediocre or straight up soulless garbage . Its sad but true . Things have changed since they got a new brewmaster .

PS. thanks for destroying my favourite beer.

More story to this? When, and when? What the, and then what is going on?
In Oz, Orval has been absent for two years and the vintage we have is 2012. Love to know what is happening!!

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 10:14 Fri 7/24/2015

Originally posted by ALLOVATE
Orval is a variable beer and I have championed it for years as world class on these forums but I am sorry to say every bottle I age these days is either just decent , mediocre or straight up soulless garbage . Its sad but true . Things have changed since they got a new brewmaster .

PS. thanks for destroying my favourite beer.

More story to this? When, and when? What the, and then what is going on?
In Oz, Orval has been absent for two years and the vintage we have is 2012. Love to know what is happening!!
A new brewmaster called Anne took over @ Orval sometime recently and Orval has not been as complex since .

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 10:22 Fri 7/24/2015

The former Orval brewmaster just brewed a collaboration with Duvel for the new expanded De Koninck line. Called Wild Jo I think. Heard it was supposed to be a paler Orval. Bottled with Brett.

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 10:27 Fri 7/24/2015

Ok, so Wild Jo isn’t getting the best reviews but it was categorized in Wild/sour so I changed it to Belgian Ale to match where we put Orval. Seems like people were bitching that it wasn’t sour which it isn’t supposed to be...

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 10:45 Fri 7/24/2015

Originally posted by boogychillin
I would suggest finding a big drain and pouring them with vigor.