Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013 - Minneapolis

Reads 18108 • Replies 221 • Started Monday, April 22, 2013 11:48:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CLevar
places 23 º 21:52 Sat 6/8/2013

I am going to be doing a hotel room for at least a few of the nights. Hit me up if you don’t mind being the big spoon!

daknole
beers 11050 º places 464 º 21:58 Sat 6/8/2013

You mofo’s better toast some great shit in Walt’s memory.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 19:44 Mon 6/10/2013

Originally posted by daknole

I don’t plan on having a cellar left after the weekend!

cbfobes
beers 2938 º places 29 º 19:51 Mon 6/10/2013

Originally posted by DalzAle

That’s awesome, great beer is meant to be shared with friends. Wish I could make it up this summer but with our 2nd little one one the way my beer budget is shot. Hopefully I can run into most of you fools at GTMW.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 19:53 Mon 6/10/2013

Hello Everyone! As we get closer to the event, we wanted to outline the details on cost as they are being finalized and so everyone can know what can be expected for the weekend! Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect for cost throughout the weekend. Prepaid items may still fluctuate a little, and we will have a final amount after the close of signup.

In regard to items we need to secure/pay for ahead of time, we will need final RSVP and payment for the bus tour and grand tasting as noted below:

• June 30th – Deadline for intent to participate(spreadsheet signup)

• July 21st – Deadline to deliver funds to cover items which will be pre-billed (bus, water, snacks, catering, etc.)

Thursday:

• Town Hall: On your own.

Friday:

• Bus: $50 (Includes Bus, Water, Snacks)

• Barley John’s: On your own (anticipated cost is $13+ cost of beer ordered)

• New Bohemia: On your own (anticipated cost is $12+ cost of additional beer ordered)

• All other bus stops, beer is on your own dime.

Saturday

• Brunch: On your own (anticipated cost will be $10-15+ cost of beer ordered)

• Dangerous Man and Beer Shopping: On your own

• Surly shuttle bus, grand Tasting, T-Shirt, Water, Catering and Glassware: $50-$60 (Includes Catering, Shirt, glass, Water/Snacks + shuttle bus)

Sunday

• Northbound Smokehouse & Brewpub: On your own

• Dave’s Brew farm: On your own

Post here, or email here if you have any questions: rbsg2013@gmail.com

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 19:55 Mon 6/10/2013

Originally posted by cbfobes

That’s awesome, great beer is meant to be shared with friends. Wish I could make it up this summer but with our 2nd little one one the way my beer budget is shot. Hopefully I can run into most of you fools at GTMW.

Congrats on the new kiddo! I’m not making GT this year, but will be back in the quad cities for a week and half over the 4th of July, and then for a week around thanks giving if you want to try and plan a tasting there!

cbfobes
beers 2938 º places 29 º 20:11 Mon 6/10/2013

Thanks man! July might be tough but we will for sure be back for thanksgiving, I will be sure to set a night aside when we are back to get the QC crew together. Summer gathering sounds amazing, have fun y’all.

CLevar
places 23 º 10:32 Tue 6/11/2013

Question for those of you not going on the bus, and answering the "No, but I will be meeting you at some of the stops!" answer:

Is the second page showing up to let you let us let the venues know which stops you will be joining us at?

Bacterial
beers 3140 º places 134 º 10:40 Tue 6/11/2013

Yes, at least it did a few weeks ago.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 20:44 Wed 6/12/2013

Hello Everyone! As we get closer to the event, we wanted to outline the details on cost as they are being finalized and so everyone can know what can be expected for the weekend! Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect for cost throughout the weekend. Prepaid items may still fluctuate a little, and we will have a final amount after the close of signup.

In regard to items we need to secure/pay for ahead of time, we will need final RSVP and payment for the bus tour and grand tasting as noted below:

• June 30th – Deadline for intent to participate(spreadsheet signup)

• July 21st – Deadline to deliver funds to cover items which will be pre-billed (bus, water, snacks, catering, etc.)

Thursday:

• Town Hall: On your own.

Friday:

• Bus: $50 (Includes Bus, Water, Snacks)

• Barley John’s: On your own (anticipated cost is $13+ cost of beer ordered)

• New Bohemia: On your own (anticipated cost is $12+ cost of additional beer ordered)

• All other bus stops, beer is on your own dime.

Saturday

• Brunch: On your own (anticipated cost will be $10-15+ cost of beer ordered)

• Dangerous Man and Beer Shopping: On your own

• Surly shuttle bus, grand Tasting, T-Shirt, Water, Catering and Glassware: $50-$60 (Includes Catering, Shirt, glass, Water/Snacks + shuttle bus)

Sunday

• Northbound Smokehouse & Brewpub: On your own

• Dave’s Brew farm: On your own

Post here, or email here if you have any questions: rbsg2013@gmail.com

Greg, what do you mean by the "on your own" lines, such as, Barley John’s "on your own" but part of the bus tour?