Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013 - Minneapolis

Reads 18114 • Replies 221 • Started Monday, April 22, 2013 11:48:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HaveAbeer
11:22 Thu 6/27/2013

I was thinking about attending but TheAlum wrote in OT-M that this year’s summer gathering is going to be a failure. Maybe next year.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 11:34 Thu 6/27/2013

Getting a hotel at the metrodome with Ms. Garbage the weekend of this event. Probably make it for the Saturday breakfast and make it over to hudson on the way back on Sunday. Have to lege the rest, ms garbage and are on a mission to find a new place to live.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 11:45 Thu 6/27/2013

Originally posted by randomgarbage
Getting a hotel at the metrodome @ with Ms. Garbage the weekend of this event. Probably make it for the Saturday breakfast and make it over to hudson on the way back on Sunday. Have to lege the rest, ms garbage and are on a mission to find a new place to live.

Skip the grand tasting? That’s crazy talk.

sthlm
beers 790 º places 147 º 11:47 Thu 6/27/2013

Originally posted by HaveAbeer
I was thinking about attending but TheAlum wrote in OT-M that this year’s summer gathering is going to be a failure. Maybe next year.

From what I have seen, there is absolutely no reason to think RBSG will be a failure. TheAlum is not organizing the event nor does he even live in Minnesota, so take his words with a grain of salt on this issue.

sthlm
beers 790 º places 147 º 11:49 Thu 6/27/2013

Originally posted by JK
Getting a hotel at the metrodome @ with Ms. Garbage the weekend of this event. Probably make it for the Saturday breakfast and make it over to hudson on the way back on Sunday. Have to lege the rest, ms garbage and are on a mission to find a new place to live.

That is what I was thinking too. Where are you moving to, randomgarbage?

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 11:53 Thu 6/27/2013

Originally posted by sthlm
Originally posted by JK

Minneapolis, LA/SF/Northern california, carolinas, Madison are on the list. We know Madison quite well. I’ve spent plenty of time in the rest of the areas and need to show my wife a good time then process all of that info against cost of living, job availability, etc. Believe it or not, the grand tasting isn’t going to convince her Minneapolis is a great city.

How many people are confirmed at the hotel so far? Will be more than happy to drink at the hotel or anywhere around it after you guys are done with the events.

CLevar
places 23 º 12:00 Thu 6/27/2013

Mr. Garbage- Not sure on hotel reservations. None are showing up on the spreadsheet that I set up, but that could mean a number of things. I am planning on staying there Saturday night though!

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 14:02 Thu 6/27/2013

If you’re not too blacked out we should grab a beer @ Town Hall or something. Open invitation to chill in my room any time that weekend when I’m around. I’ll have some Corona on hand.

CLevar
places 23 º 14:04 Thu 6/27/2013

If you’re not too blacked out we should grab a beer @ Town Hall or something. Open invitation to chill and my room any time that weekend when I’m around. I’ll have some Corona on hand.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 07:11 Fri 6/28/2013

Originally posted by sthlm
Originally posted by JK

Minneapolis, LA/SF/Northern california, carolinas, Madison are on the list. We know Madison quite well. I’ve spent plenty of time in the rest of the areas and need to show my wife a good time then process all of that info against cost of living, job availability, etc. Believe it or not, the grand tasting isn’t going to convince her Minneapolis is a great city.

How many people are confirmed at the hotel so far? Will be more than happy to drink at the hotel or anywhere around it after you guys are done with the events.

What cities/neighborhoods are youblooking at in Minnesota?