Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013 - Minneapolis

Reads 18120 • Replies 221 • Started Monday, April 22, 2013 11:48:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 09:41 Tue 4/23/2013

No visit to Paisley Park?

I’m out.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 09:46 Tue 4/23/2013

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
No visit to Paisley Park?

I’m out.

Paisley Park is a few miles from my house, I’ll drive you by there if you make it up. (Although I can’t promise that Prince will invite us in for basketball and pancakes...)

StFun
beers 567 º places 11 º 09:48 Tue 4/23/2013

Originally posted by DalzAle
Originally posted by CLevar
Originally posted by StFun
OT-BBQ requests a list of any good BBQ joints in Minneapolis, please. Stoked to see Smokehouse Brewpub on the itinerary!

Probably driving up Friday and heading out Sunday. See you knuckleheads in August.

Looks like Minnesota Monthly had an article on BBQ in Minnesota a while back. A few of those places are in the Twin Cities.

I have heard decent things about this place too, though I have never been there.

Last, I have been to this place a few times and have enjoyed it, though I don’t know really where it ranks in terms of "goodness".

Big Daddy’s is legit, totally worth stopping there. There’s also a place near me called Baker’s if you happen to stop by our place at some point.

Thanks you guys. Going to try and hit them all up, even if just for some carry out.

jcwattsrugger
beers 13457 º places 3 º 10:47 Tue 4/23/2013

Originally posted by madvike
Crap. I’ll be using up lots of Wife and Kids Points the weekend before for the Great Taste of the Midwest, so I’m not sure if I can swing this. Will talk to the wife...

Let her know one of your closests friends friend will be there
Lets do this!
cheers, john

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:45 Tue 4/23/2013

Crap. I’ll be using up lots of Wife and Kids Points the weekend before for the Great Taste of the Midwest, so I’m not sure if I can swing this. Will talk to the wife...

+1.

As I said, I can’t make an event so close to GTMW. 2nd Weekend of August = Friday and Monday off on the calendar on a yearly basis. GTMW Lifts.

I should be in Minny again for a weekend before the New Year though. I’ll try not to Lege

MaoZeDoge
12:01 Tue 4/23/2013

Baker’s ribs is really really good.

madvike
beers 3357 º places 3 º 13:27 Tue 4/23/2013

Originally posted by jcwattsrugger

Lets do this!
cheers, john

Ha! I know...it’d be great to meet you John! Plus I’d love to go to another Twins game. Added bonus is they’re playing TheAlum’s stupid White Sox, who everyone knows do NOT lift.

MatSciGuy
beers 924 º 13:29 Tue 4/23/2013

Originally posted by jcwattsrugger

Lets do this!
cheers, john

Ha! I know...it’d be great to meet you John! Plus I’d love to go to another Twins game. Added bonus is they’re playing TheAlum’s stupid White Sox, who everyone knows do NOT lift.

C’mon Matt! You gotta make it up again!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 18:00 Tue 4/23/2013

Originally posted by adnielsen
Added bonus is they’re playing TheAlum’s stupid White Sox, who everyone knows do NOT lift.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Lifted a lot more recently than either of your teams.

Especially Aaron’s LOLBaseballLOLTeamLOL

douglas88
admin
beers 13199 º places 398 º 20:02 Tue 4/23/2013

I want to know, will there be a footbalm sighting? Do I have to tempt Eric with healthy food to come out and drink?