Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013 - Minneapolis

Reads 18121 • Replies 221 • Started Monday, April 22, 2013 11:48:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

portableparty
beers 2397 º places 20 º 20:37 Wed 7/17/2013

Bastard! I just noticed it and took care of that.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 11:26 Thu 7/18/2013

kbutler, please call me or email me (my Outlook isnt working right now).

In other words, bump.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 11:38 Thu 7/18/2013

Originally posted by DalzAle
More updates for everyone.

We’ve pretty much finalized the cost and here’s where we’re everything is currently shaking out for the prepaid parts of the event.

Friday Bus Tour: $51 (Includes Bus, Snacks along the way, bottled water)
The Friday tour is currently set to include Barley John’s, Fulton, Indeed, Steel Toe, New Bohemia and the NE Mpls Pub Crawl. If we can also squeeze in Dangerous Man, we may do this as well. With the current size of the bus tour around 20-25, were currently planning on doing a carpool to the Barley John’s for the initial breakfast at 9am and then starting the bus tour just prior to Fulton at 11:45. This should help cut out some of the cost for the initial 3 hours which would have been spent driving out to Barley John’s and back.

Saturday’s Grand Tasting at Surly: $43 for All Participants (Includes bottled water, meat/cheese/crackers for snacking, Pizza Luce for dinner, T Shirt and a RBSG tasting glass)

People who have indicated they would be taking the shuttle to/from Surly. We are currently looking into just doing a shuttle back so we don’t have to pay a shuttle bus to be just sitting outside for 6 hours while we’re at Surly. With about half of all participants driving, are people cool with coordinating a carpool to the brewery? If we can do this, we anticipate the cost of a shuttle to be considerably less than planned and with update when the cost is known.

In regard to carpooling for Barley John’s and to the Grand Tasting. Can I get a show of hands from locals who may be able to help drive for either portion? I plan on driving for both places (and I can carry 4). But we’ll probably just need a few more cars to coordinate.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 12:04 Thu 7/18/2013

I can maybe take two from downtown to the grand tasting.

And let me just throw this out there, but a taxi with 4-6 to surly wouldnt be that much.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 13:23 Thu 7/18/2013

Originally posted by JK
I can maybe take two from downtown to the grand tasting.

And let me just throw this out there, but a taxi with 4-6 to surly wouldnt be that much.

Yep, even with cab it would probably be way under the cost(per person) of the bus sitting there unused for many hours. Right now we have approx 16 who have registered for transportation. If you drive 2 and I take 5, there’s nearly 1/2 of everyone right there.

We’re just working to keep everything as cost effective as possible.

MatSciGuy
beers 924 º 14:17 Thu 7/18/2013

I can take 4 to Barley John’s

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 14:40 Thu 7/18/2013

We need a new organized thread. When is barley johns again?

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 15:01 Thu 7/18/2013

Originally posted by JK
We need a new organized thread. When is barley johns again?

Barley John’s is on Friday, which looks like this.

Carpool to BJ’s for breakfast and beers.

Head back to the hotel where we’ll have a free hour before the shuttle bus starts at 1145ish.

Bus Tour to look like this:
Fulton
Indeed
Steel Toe
Dangerous Man
New Bohemia
NE Pub Crawl

If it would help, I can start a "Final Details" RBSG thread started when we have the bus settled.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 09:29 Fri 7/19/2013

Hello All!

We’re going to start collecting money for the Summer Gathering and hope to wrap this up by the end of the month (July 31).

Here are your options to start getting the money headed our way!
1.If you’re local, please get a hold of Caleb (CLevar) and give him a cash/check.

2.If you’re local or out of state, you can mail a check to CLevar here:
Caleb Levar (Also make check payable to Caleb)
2082 Como Ave
Apt #3
St, Paul MN 55108

3.If you use paypal and have a bank account linked to paypal, you can choose the option “transfer money to friends or family” at no cost to you or the RBSG (If you use a CC via paypal there are some pretty hefty service fees, so we’re trying to avoid this). Please pay to email address rbsg2013@gmail.com to pay if using paypal.

With any of these options, please email rbsg2013@gmail.com to let us know that you have paid so we can confirm receipt when a check or other payment is made. Also, please indicate your T-Shirt size when sending your confirmation!

Summary of cost due at this time is as follows:Friday Bus Tour: $51 (Includes Bus, Snacks on the bus, bottled water)

Saturday’s Grand Tasting at Surly: $43 for All Participants (Includes bottled water, meat/cheese/crackers for snacking, Pizza Luce for dinner, T Shirt and a RBSG tasting glass)

Saturday’s Shuttle Bus From Surly is still being worked on and we will post cost as soon as this is determined.

As always, please hit us up if you have any questions.

The event page and a new RBSG Event thread will be set up in the next few days as well (since this thread is getting a bit long and messy.)

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 09:32 Fri 7/19/2013

I can drive myself and others to Barley Johns, so me +2 or +3 works