RateBeerians of the Year Awards 2015 - Nominations

Reads 11422 • Replies 157 • Started Monday, January 4, 2016 3:15:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 13:04 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
What the hell does a guy have to do to get nominated for (11) around here?

Supposedly, just being honest and being yourself without censoring yourself earns you troll of the year.

People that meet me in person say I’m exactly like I am on this forum....scary but at least I’m being honest.A beer rater at my place joined my WiFi for which the passcode is over 35 characters and get greeted with a splash screen of my face saying "no way jose" when they tried to visit buzzfeed since I block all click-bait shitty websites.

"you’re just like you are on the forums, huh. a real pain in the butt"

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 13:24 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by AdamChandler
A beer rater at my place joined my WiFi for which the passcode is over 35 characters and get greeted with a splash screen of my face saying "no way jose" when they tried to visit buzzfeed since I block all click-bait shitty websites.

In the same post, you say things like this and wonder why people nominate you for #11.

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 13:29 Wed 1/6/2016

Normies often mistake being incredibly socially awkward for being a troll. Honest mistake.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 13:33 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by phaleslu
A beer rater at my place joined my WiFi for which the passcode is over 35 characters and get greeted with a splash screen of my face saying "no way jose" when they tried to visit buzzfeed since I block all click-bait shitty websites.

In the same post, you say things like this and wonder why people nominate you for #11.

But how is describing a real-life scenario that happened that I thought was funny "trolling" it doesn’t meet the definition for trolling.

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 13:37 Wed 1/6/2016

But how is describing a real-life scenario that happened that I thought was funny "trolling" it doesn’t meet the definition for trolling.

If your real-life interactions with people meet others’ definitions of trolling that might be a sign.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 13:39 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by RABinCO

If your real-life interactions with people meet others’ definitions of trolling that might be a sign.

blocking buzzfeed, business insider and huffington post on my home router doesn’t make me a troll. that was my point. the other point is I act in real life like I do here.

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 13:45 Wed 1/6/2016

Really have no idea if we’re currently getting trolled...

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 13:48 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by blipp

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 13:49 Wed 1/6/2016

Originally posted by blipp

+1

The greatest trick a troll can play, is trolling people without them realising it.